PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Epic VS EVO

Its Monday morning and I am a bit bored so since we are still within 30 days who is thinking about returning their EVO and waiting for the Epic?

Its already been rooted and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere the source is already released also. HTC hasn't released EVO source yet and doesn't seem to be in a big hurry to do so.

I love everything about my EVO except the input lag and battery life. Every single video I have watched the Epic just flys through the menus like its suppose to. I be it can even do live wallpapers without adding even more input lag.

I know I may be the minority when it comes to input lag on the EVO but its there and its annoying. I know new devices come out all the time blah blah but this one is very close.

Unless something major changes I am pretty sure my EVO will be going back before July 3rd to wait for this.

I know most people will bash Samsung for lack of software support but this phone will be available for all carriers so that should help with community support.
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
Old 06-28-2010, 07:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Epic VS EVO

Either read that the Evo's have been hacked and will have better input lag with the 30fps cap fix soon..

Or just return the damn phone already.

HTC EVO 4G
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I was a huge fan of physical keyboards during my winmo days (apache, mogul, touch pro) and thought id really miss them when i jumped to the evo. But after these past 3 weeks, i cant imagine ever going back to a hard keyboard, especially on phones that are getting this big. It just adds to much size for my taste. Epic is looking like a great phone though.
dschoenike

Old 06-28-2010, 07:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBaker View Post
Either read that the Evo's have been hacked and will have better input lag with the 30fps cap fix soon..

Or just return the damn phone already.
The hack breaks the camera and probably always will till HTC releases source. If they ever do. A full fix is probably going to be awhile.

Relax, like I said its Monday just sparking some conversation.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
I was a huge fan of physical keyboards during my winmo days (apache, mogul, touch pro) and thought id really miss them when i jumped to the evo. But after these past 3 weeks, i cant imagine ever going back to a hard keyboard, especially on phones that are getting this big. It just adds to much size for my taste. Epic is looking like a great phone though.
dschoenike
Surprisingly its not that much thicker than the EVO.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:03 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

not enough stats are out, one can only compare when the phone is infront of them and can be given a play by play comparison, with features often let out such as build quality, the nifty features not labeled in press releases, etc.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / E4gT / MoPho

treotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good work

4 inch super amoled screen, slide out keyboard that looks very similar to the TP2, Samsung TouchWiz, has to be better than Sense UI as far as less memory usage.

Yup, this is the phone me, since using a Moment with the amoled screen. I never did get my Evo, so won't have to return it. Been on a waiting list....
Old 06-28-2010, 08:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Looks like just a 4 row keyboard.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I've been thinking about it since I heard about its release. but its going to be so fkn hard to give back the evo .. even tho I want to
Old 06-28-2010, 08:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / E4gT / MoPho

treotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Looks like just a 4 row keyboard.
Looks like 5 row keyboard to me.......

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/28/s...p-to-its-name/

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison