PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MS 950XL
Carrier: AT&T & Digicel

92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'll ditch my TP2 for the Evo IF we can port WP7!

So I understand that the TP2 hardware won't run WP7 worth a squat, but what about the Evo?

I don't want to ditch Windows yet because I use my phone for business and I'm hoping the business edition of WP7 will rock.

What are the chances of getting the BETA of WP7 ported over to the Evo? I would buy it in a heartbeat then!

Anyone else with me?

P.S. I would have posted in the Evo forum but there are so many anti-windows/pro-android fanboys over there it makes me sick
Audiovox 9000>Moto V60>MotoT720>LG5350>Sam I330>Hit G1000>PPC-6600>PPC-6800>PPC-6850>PPC-T7380>HTC-T7575>HTC-PI86100
Old 06-07-2010, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: I'll ditch my TP2 for the Evo IF we can port WP7!

By the time WP7 is readily available, I'm sure something superior to the Evo will be available...

Old 06-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MS 950XL
Carrier: AT&T & Digicel
Threadstarter

92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
By the time WP7 is readily available, I'm sure something superior to the Evo will be available...
True but then I can just pass this phone to my GF and I'll get the new one. Our phone upgrades are opposite
Old 06-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

if wp7 has the same restrictions as windows mobile currently does (which im sure it will) is will essentially be illegal to port without the proper licensing which can get exspensive. might as well just wait a purchase a wp7 device

"Q: Can you run Windows Mobile on Android Phones?
A: With enough resources given, sure. Will it ever happen? No. Why? Windows mobile compiler and builder cost $. As a matter of fact, as of version 5, it was going to cost me $75 per device. That's one of the reasons why handset makers went to Android open platform. Android is free and universal so as long as you use certain chipsets and certain items, you are good to go. Can it ever be ported? Sure. With right amount of time and money anything can be done. But at this point, it's cheaper for you to go buy a windows mobile smartphone."

Last edited by redd214; 06-07-2010 at 01:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92GTA View Post
True but then I can just pass this phone to my GF and I'll get the new one. Our phone upgrades are opposite
As unpromising as WP7 has been sounding though I'm not even sure I'll make the switch... Android does seem to be taking off much faster than WM did, with all the promoting, advertising, and upgrades to the phones "cameras, processors, ram, etc" so that's something else you may want to consider... I just recently read somewhere that Android is on pace to blow the Apple Market out of the water...
Old 06-07-2010, 04:24 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Isn't there a rumor of a dual core snapdragons and 1.5ghz coming with wp7...

that said wp7 is not windows mobile anymore or aimed at businesses..it is a social media/game phone...

At the moment Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact 7 is probably a lot closer to winmo then wp7...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Moved to phone comparison.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
if wp7 has the same restrictions as windows mobile currently does (which im sure it will) is will essentially be illegal to port without the proper licensing which can get exspensive. might as well just wait a purchase a wp7 device

"Q: Can you run Windows Mobile on Android Phones?
A: With enough resources given, sure. Will it ever happen? No. Why? Windows mobile compiler and builder cost $. As a matter of fact, as of version 5, it was going to cost me $75 per device. That's one of the reasons why handset makers went to Android open platform. Android is free and universal so as long as you use certain chipsets and certain items, you are good to go. Can it ever be ported? Sure. With right amount of time and money anything can be done. But at this point, it's cheaper for you to go buy a windows mobile smartphone."
+1 everytime u have to post this due to people not searching before starting a new thread i will thank you lls!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Re: I'll ditch my TP2 for the Evo IF we can port WP7!

Quote:
I'm hoping the business edition of WP7 will rock.
Windows and rock should never be in the same sentence. Good luck with that : D

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
Old 06-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Hex
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Hex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Hex Send a message via AIM to Hex Send a message via MSN to Hex Send a message via Yahoo to Hex
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Touch Pro: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfuzion
Quote:
I'm hoping the business edition of WP7 will rock.
Windows and rock should never be in the same sentence. Good luck with that : D

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk
I destroyed my WINDOWS phone with a couple of ROCKS after I got my Evo.... that works doesn't it?

Last edited by Hex; 06-07-2010 at 06:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison