PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   EVO not WORTH the switch (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123741)

jbearamus 06-05-2010 01:39 PM

Re: EVO not WORTH the switch

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlin (Post 1794213)
1- Ability to individually set sounds/vibration for all notifications on the phone.
2- MS Exchange syncing my tasks.

to what extent are you looking for "individually"? like for a different sound per notfication per person or what?

and task sync is tricky because android doesnt have a task manager built into it, hopefully someone will have an app that can sync exchange for maybe google will catch on that they'll need it to really go after enterprise customers. i have several android customers that ask me for updates every couple of weeks

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 1794226)
And there will be a snapdragon for windows phones AKA not having to change plans coming down the road

except that those phones will also have WP7 which probably will require an everything data plan

fusion 06-05-2010 01:40 PM

I have both phones, the Evo destroys the TP2, yeah I don't get to use my slingbox yet but do you really think that they aren't going to come out with an app for it? My bill only went up 10 bux a month and I could care less because the Evo provides much more entertainment and functionality and is well worth the additional money. The TP2 is a rock solid phone but it just can't compete with the Evo, IMO.

dumpringz 06-05-2010 01:42 PM

i think its an amazingly fast device .. without a doubt it runs laps around tp2 as far a speed & stability . . . what got me a little irked is the keyboard, as if you been reading threads i have mentioned .. i also wish there was a free app that allowed editing of excel documents .. im far from broke but jeez lol

Dr.8820 06-05-2010 01:45 PM

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcrds
And there will be a snapdragon for windows phones AKA not having to change plans coming down the road

im using one now :). of course the hd2 runs circles around the tp2, but they both have the same os....so I am going to say snapdragon is the difference.

radar369 06-05-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820
its 5 o'clock somewhere lol. and you're correct, its not the os making it fast, its the snapdragon. but no one is going to want to hear that lol.

UH, kinda wrong there buddy! That's correct but not entirely!

If I remember correctly the TP2 and the Hero using the exact same processor...if not than something similar......and EVERYONE who has used or owns a Hero knows that it functions A LOT BETTER than the Touch Pro 2!

On the other hand......go and ask some poeple who owns a HD2 their take own it.........I heard some gripes about that phone too!

Not trying to be disrespectful or anything Doctor!

havoc911 06-05-2010 01:50 PM

I have a slingbox also and it does suck that I can't added to the Eco.

adenicol 06-05-2010 01:51 PM

For me this was a good economical decision...I had my 500 minute plan with data, text, etc for $35 a month BUT I also had a data card at $60 a month and it was a USB card, not wi-fi. So with this phone I am paying $80 a month . So this is actually saving me about $15 a month. Plus I can still tether this phone until someone comes out with a fix for the free wi-fi tethering.

People want to make a big deal about the extra $10 for the EVO plan, well for me saving $15 is a big deal too.

brownhornet 06-05-2010 01:51 PM

LMAO @ they banded together to come over and tell us why they'd rather keep their tp2. I guess we should all take our evos back now and downgrade.

radar369 06-05-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820
I've got popcorn and beer, this is gonna get good and ugly.

The OP has been behaving with flying colors so far.....no bashing or calling anyone out of their names or anything like that...........he's good! Really don't see why it would if we keep going at this pace...............and you got it backwards.........it's PEANUTS and beer.....popcorn and beer is SOOOO NASTY! :laughing6:

Mswezey 06-05-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownhornet (Post 1794268)
LMAO @ they banded together to come over and tell us why they'd rather keep their tp2. I guess we should all take our evos back now and downgrade.

ha i haven't even upgraded yet and i don't wanna do that!

I'd say "screw you buddy!" but of course in the nicest way possible