PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

I've got popcorn and beer, this is gonna get good and ugly.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One
Carrier: Sprint

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331
Re: EVO not WORTH the switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

lol, kinda of early for beer.

I've had the Evo since last night, and my opinion is that it's FAR superior than the TP2. Not freezing, no lockup, running smooth. And I have the Seido 1750mAH battery, which lasts A LOT longer than the stock.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No reason to get ugly.I said if you have the money or if it does not cost you more then so be it.I am not here saying it is crap.I am saying it is not worth the 50$ a month more of my bill it would cost me.If my bill did not go up i would get 1 and still keep my tp2 for Slingbox.

But Android does not support it yet and that is a must for me.All im saying is it is not worth the switch from a good priced plan.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro, evo

farrellcollie is a n00b

Coming from the tp (1 not 2) - this thing is fantastic
Old 06-05-2010, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have a TP2 and have absolutely no plans to switch to an Evo (primarily because of the montly cost increas).

But that being said, why even start a thread like this. I'm a fellow TP2 user but this thread just really has "sour grapes" written all over it. If you prefer your TP2 (I like it too), that's fine. Why start an unecessary flame war over it?

Even though I don't have an Evo I think it's a great device and the launch is the most exciting thing that has happened to Sprint in like 5 years.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

There are a few things that I miss about WM now that I am on Android, but I am sure it will only be a matter of time before these issues are addressed.
1- Ability to individually set sounds/vibration for all notifications on the phone.
2- MS Exchange syncing my tasks.

Thats it for now.

I really like the EVO, it is a fantastic phone, and I must say I enjoy using it more than my TP2 (so far). However, this is not due to the OS and more so due to the phone. I had the Moment for a litle while and absolutely hated it, I much rather preferred my TP2 to the Moment.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post

lol, kinda of early for beer.

I've had the Evo since last night, and my opinion is that it's FAR superior than the TP2. Not freezing, no lockup, running smooth. And I have the Seido 1750mAH battery, which lasts A LOT longer than the stock.
its 5 o'clock somewhere lol. and you're correct, its not the os making it fast, its the snapdragon. but no one is going to want to hear that lol.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I think its way too early to tell if its a mistake to upgrade or not. If certain things like sling are a deal breaker, that's personal preference and so be it. Overall coming from the tp2, it's going to be a transition. There are some things I've noticed that don't work for me on the evo and work on the tp2. The are also things that the evo does much better, web browsing for one (even in 3g) is much faster for me. I haven't had the time to research them to determine if there is an app that will change that. I'm betting/hoping there is. For one, need to find a coreplayer type player for android. Anyway, the tp2 is a great device as well and I personally would be happy with either one.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Threadstarter

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

And there will be a snapdragon for windows phones AKA not having to change plans coming down the road
Old 06-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

kiesow567 is a n00b

I can understand how the Evo might not be worth it to you, but for me totally worth it. The only change in my service plan is the extra $10 per month, and I'm coming from the Touch, so I was in definite need of an upgrade. I wouldn't have gotten the Evo if I had to pay up and extra $50 per month. I don't know what phone (if any) would be worth an extra $600 per year.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison