PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 01:42 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Slingbox is hands down the best way to watch live TV on your phone.

When you use SB, it is EXACTLY the same as if you're sitting in front of you home TV setup. If you have 280 cable TV channels, you will get the same on your phone. If you have all the "on-demand" channels, they will work also.

You can be in another country & still watch your own local news etc etc

~John
what kind of internet connection do you have? I'm guessing all that uploaded video would strain my internet.
And I'm guessing that while you are actively watching your cable on sling player, someone at home can't be watching something different on that TV. Is this correct?
I hope I didn't get both quotes, but with a slingbox pro hd you can stream whatever and not affect the tv. slingbox solo will.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: EVO not WORTH the switch

I would ditch the tp2 for a faster snapdragon Proc win mob phone for sprint but it will be awhile.The TP2 has not been out that long.And the whole point of this thread when i started it was the worth.I should have put $$$'s cause that is my point.

2 things make me not get a EVO

1.Slingbox got to have it no if and or butts.

2.Price for a new plan.I pay right now after discounts 140$ per month for 7 lines with every perk you can think of and more.When i call into sprint and ask them they look at my plan and say i would never give it up.

The only way i could add one would be to open a new plan and have 2 plans on my account.I have unlimited spending and been with sprint for over 10 years.

So when they come out with a new windows mobile phone ill be there.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:36 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
So when they come out with a new windows mobile phone ill be there.
except the windows phones will be consistently connected to data like android is so they'll probably require the everything data plans anyway
Old 06-06-2010, 02:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint SERO-Premium

ETphoneHOME is becoming a great contributor

Does the Evo work with SERO?

On Mogul.^^^

On Touch Pro.^^^ = (
Old 06-06-2010, 02:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
The Android users are the ones who do not understand what you can do and not do with the tp2.

SM is a must and it will be years before they get it on Android.And for the last time i said nothing bad about the EVO other then it is not worth the money to upgrade your plan if you have a great old family plan.

But to attack my typing is so old school all i can say is **** OFF
Kind of sad to lump people into categories. I'm a Android User, and still own my old TP2.

There isn't a gap to speak of in terms of what each platform can and can't do. The differences are really down to software available for install.

And one correction, as of the beginning of May, Slingbox Mobile has been in beta testing for Android. I wouldn't be surprised if it was released soon.

There are video's floating around of it on various Android phones.

Fan boi'isms on both sides of the line are silly. It really comes down to preference, and perhaps in a few users cases.... whether or not they want to give up legacy priced plans.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 06-06-2010, 02:47 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETphoneHOME View Post
Does the Evo work with SERO?
no has to be on an everything data or from what i hear EVRP or something abbreviated like that which is basically the new sero
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 Verizon
Carrier: Telkomsel TelkomFlexy

xicloe is just getting started

I dont't realy care about WM or Android, I just wanna a new phone with the bigger processor and memory with a hardware keyboard, that's it, I'll buy EVO or whatever the phone with the snapdragon and the hardware keyboard.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
Not trying to be disrespectful but I've had my EVO for only about 30 hours now and "I feel" like I have done A LOT more on this phone than I have ever did throughout the whole time I was on Windows Mobile!

Can you please explain?!
all of us like new things. we all play around with new toys but can y say that 30 days or 30 wks ?

from my viewpt, there are many wm apps i am using right now that may in the future be avail on android but be a good while. i care much less about social apps and more about things like tethering options (at least 3 ways on tp2), aviation moving map software and flight planing (am private pilot. tp2 is the last bkup if my pc nav goes dwn), street nav (igo8 which wont be on android for a while because every1 on android is so happy using google map till they are in poland and it no longer work).

clearly, we are unfortunately the minority. i guess the history lesson unfortunate is that the ignorance mass will win at the poll and by the time every1 figured it out, it's too late..(i can name several historical examples but we probaly can all name one)...

wm free development tool is a good thing, but the overall direction ms is going, there are several things wrong and we all know it, unfortunately it all comes down to ignorant mass and what they want and their lack of knowledge (that can be taken advantage of) that drives it alll.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
what kind of internet connection do you have? I'm guessing all that uploaded video would strain my internet.
And I'm guessing that while you are actively watching your cable on sling player, someone at home can't be watching something different on that TV. Is this correct?
I have the SlingBox Pro which has dual tuners, I have two inputs to pick from in the Sling Mobile software (my HUD Cable box or my analog cable feed}

If I pick the analog feed, I can't get the premium channels (HBO, on-demand channels etc etc) but it can be set to a completely different channel than the home TV.

I like to mess with my 9 yrs old Daughter occasionally however, I know it is her watching if the Disney channel pops up & I start remotely changing the channel on her until I get a real annoyed phone csll.........
~John
Old 06-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicloe View Post
I dont't realy care about WM or Android, I just wanna a new phone with the bigger processor and memory with a hardware keyboard, that's it, I'll buy EVO or whatever the phone with the snapdragon and the hardware keyboard.
on Verizon, check out the LG Fathom
http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/LG-F...ne-p_4369.html

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison