PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO not WORTH the switch

@ djlenoir

WMWifiRouter - pdanet, easy tether, if rooted wifi router as well

Microsoft MyPhone - google sync

Nanogroove - grooveshark mobile

Worldcard Mobile - google goggles has the ability to do this. its still pretty beta atm and doesnt always work as well as worldcard mobile yet however. personally ive been looking for a solution as well but havent forund one yet

Midomi (MusicID) - sound hound, shazam

Arcsoft MMS - dunno honestly i dont really send out many mms's

TomTom - stock google nav works flawlessly for me and has voice turn by turn, not sure if tom tom has an android app though

Microsoft Voice Command - native to android 2.1 and up, extra features such as text to speech as well, bt dialing will be added with 2.2

Resco Explorer - astro explorer
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
personally waiting to see what's planned for the gsm side for wp7 IMHO! I mean with implication of android fragmentation its tough to say how htc will continue to get hits
conflipper leaked i think 4 htc wp7 phones a few days ago, i believe 2 are gsm

android fragemntaion is really a by product of the speed at which its being developed. i mean damn 1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.1, now 2.2, and 2.5 (or 3.0 whatever the will call it) in q4 of this year in less than 2 yrs of existence. different from winmos fragmentation (atm) imo but its there nonetheless. i doubt htc will have an issue keeping up though

Last edited by redd214; 06-05-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dtu5 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
yes it is the snapdragon proc that makes the difference and when one comes finally to sprint and be a windows mobile phone ill be all over it.i am sorry i can't be like the brownhornet and scam sprint as much as he does.hey he helped a lot on sd with the tp2 and discounts but i can't go as far as him so he can afford the change i can't.

But there will be a win mob 1z soon just like after all the other android releases.

Sprint will wait till the sales start to slow down before they do.which is smart.

yo son i feel you on this tip besides you sayin ol boy scam sprint (smh) lol besides that everything else is legit android and winmo is like mac and pc. Its just a new wave of era. But i am gonna try this phoe out next week before i knock it. But please believe my winmo is still gonna be on my side (unless android is better).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:41 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
UH, kinda wrong there buddy! That's correct but not entirely!

If I remember correctly the TP2 and the Hero using the exact same processor...if not than something similar......and EVERYONE who has used or owns a Hero knows that it functions A LOT BETTER than the Touch Pro 2!

On the other hand......go and ask some poeple who owns a HD2 their take own it.........I heard some gripes about that phone too!

Not trying to be disrespectful or anything Doctor!
i'll be happy to put my tp2 against any HERO out there. I promise my tp2 is faster.
we'll start with typing out an email....

Old 06-06-2010, 12:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Some people care too much about other people's opinions
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 06-06-2010, 12:44 AM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
LMAO @ they banded together to come over and tell us why they'd rather keep their tp2. I guess we should all take our evos back now and downgrade.
yeah, we get it. you get every new phone and all other phones are POS's. Just like when the nexus one came out, and the tp2 came out, and the tp1 came out.....
Old 06-06-2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks View Post
lol i wanna know how to tether right now!!!! how u do it?
you pay 30.00 a month.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
personally waiting to see what's planned for the gsm side for wp7 IMHO! I mean with implication of android fragmentation its tough to say how htc will continue to get hits
there is already so much fragmentation going on. How many devices can't get the 2.1 upgrade? not all can run google nav or other apps. It's fragmenting much faster than winmo ever did. makes you wonder if it will suffer the same fate, only faster.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Slingbox is hands down the best way to watch live TV on your phone.

When you use SB, it is EXACTLY the same as if you're sitting in front of you home TV setup. If you have 280 cable TV channels, you will get the same on your phone. If you have all the "on-demand" channels, they will work also.

You can be in another country & still watch your own local news etc etc

~John
what kind of internet connection do you have? I'm guessing all that uploaded video would strain my internet.
And I'm guessing that while you are actively watching your cable on sling player, someone at home can't be watching something different on that TV. Is this correct?
Old 06-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Whoever is gonna ditch the TP2 for the Evo is a sellout.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison