PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   My TP2 sucks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121141)

Wesley762 06-18-2010 06:20 PM

Re: My TP2 sucks

Quote:

Originally Posted by revaaron (Post 1823378)
If I delete the txts then how can I look back and prove my gf was wrong about something? not deleting them. Storing them in ms my phone and gmail until I get a gphone.

The fact that this phone can't handle a months worth of my txts is worthless.

Sounds like your a perfect candidate for a iPhone, have fun.

xicloe 06-18-2010 07:58 PM

If U have verizon/sprint/telus U should try SUPER ROM 15

revaaron 06-19-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx (Post 1823420)
thats crazy, your doing all this just to prove that your gf was wrong about something?

if thats the case just take screenshots of all your texts and save them to your memory card lol

yeah... cause searching for text in a screen shots works so well.

revaaron 06-19-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YnYng (Post 1823519)
lol im sad to say this, but sometimes i need em too to do this exact same thing.

use this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=702390

it totally helps

edit: i reread ur post so i guess ur already backing them to email somehow, but then why not just delete them afterwards? if shes wrong jus open up ur email, ur TP2 can handle it lol

I do remove them from the phone and archive them in gmail and in ms myphone. It just sucks having to remove them all the time. Shitty phone maintenance. Plus, this fixes like one of the 12399234 problems.

pimpsuprazx 06-19-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revaaron (Post 1824520)
yeah... cause searching for text in a screen shots works so well.

its better then havin a buggy device because your insecure of your relationship with your woman, a relationship in which she clearly wears the pants in, because you have to prove her wrong.

jbearamus 06-19-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revaaron (Post 1752232)
ok, which rom is better? I like the HTC sense UI 2.5.x
I've looked for instructions and none of the ones I found on mightyrom and energyrom seem to be concrete. I want specific directions to get my phone working on sprint without fail. I'm on call all the time, if my phone doesn't work, the fines from it can be around $60K.

i used mightyrom for a while, really fast and really stable. on stock i'd soft reset my phone twice a day, on mightyrom i soft reset once about every 5 days

LauraAmerica 06-19-2010 03:37 PM

I would sell it cheap and get a new one. Obviously warning the possible buyers about the issue. Surely you'll find someone willing to deal with this.

nrfitchett4 06-19-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revaaron (Post 1822683)
man.. I'm not sure wtf is up with my phone now... for the past 2 days even after reboots, it's cooking hot and the battery died from 6am when I pulled it off the charger until 10am. Just noticed that i have 1.7K texts on it.

I should say that I'm incredibly demanding on my phones. I went through 7+ moguls in a year or so and 3 touch pros. With all of them, the keyboards crapped out.

I played with the droid incredible the other day at BJs. I can not believe how amazingly snappy it was. makes my phone seem like trash.

don't worry, i'm sure after a couple months with you, even the droid incredible will die too.

pimpsuprazx 06-19-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1824897)
don't worry, i'm sure after a couple months with you, even the droid incredible will die too.

lmfao +1, idk why this thread hasn't been closed yet, its just full of bitching and moaning and insults

LauraAmerica 06-19-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx (Post 1824947)
lmfao +1, idk why this thread hasn't been closed yet, its just full of bitching and moaning and insults

2nd that.

nrfitchett4 06-19-2010 04:29 PM

I think a kin1 or kin2 is right up his alley. Social dumbphones.
you know, my wife is a big texter that doesn't ever delete them and she loves her instinct s30. I was suprised with how well it works for a dumbphone. Even has opera mini and everything else is a widget (facebook, youtube, etc).

pimpsuprazx 06-19-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1824951)
you know, my wife is a big texter that doesn't ever delete them and she loves her instinct s30. I was suprised with how well it works for a dumbphone. Even has opera mini and everything else is a widget (facebook, youtube, etc).

agreed, you will also have to tell me where you got your avatar thing, I want it too lol

nrfitchett4 06-20-2010 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx (Post 1825383)
agreed, you will also have to tell me where you got your avatar thing, I want it too lol

here you go:
http://gallery.mobile9.com/c/htc-tou...papers_2169/1/

just search apple, you'll find it. Also using it for my s2u2 wallpaper and that looks much better. I think for my avatar, I'm just gonna switch it to .jpg.

revaaron 06-20-2010 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx (Post 1824668)
its better then havin a buggy device because your insecure of your relationship with your woman, a relationship in which she clearly wears the pants in, because you have to prove her wrong.

blahblah. I'm actually thinking of giving her my phone when an EVO 4G like phone comes out with a qwerty.

revaaron 06-20-2010 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1824897)

droid incredible is not on sprint AND like I'ver said a millions times I need a full qwerty.

revaaron 06-20-2010 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1824951)

why would I take a step backwards?
320 x 480 pixels - no thanks when I already have 800x480
as far as I can tell, all the applications that I use on my phone aren't there on the kin. Like putty (ssh), mobile hotspot, tethering, and more than one browser.

revaaron 06-20-2010 02:33 AM

I would rather get a pre than step backwards.

nrfitchett4 06-20-2010 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revaaron (Post 1825714)
I would rather get a pre than step backwards.

you don't think a pre is a step backwards???
And you were the one that brought up the incredible, I just ran with it.
guess you'll just have to wait for the galaxy pro2. gTen can tell you all about it.

revaaron 06-20-2010 09:05 AM

the glaxay 2 looks awesome. awesome. awesome. It just needs a glass screen and be on sprint and it will be mine!

pimpsuprazx 06-20-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revaaron (Post 1825709)
blahblah. I'm actually thinking of giving her my phone when an EVO 4G like phone comes out with a qwerty.

yea yea yea, do us all a favor and either buy an iphone and leave us alone, or jump off a bridge somewhere

[sammich] 06-20-2010 01:33 PM

Lets drop the childish behavior y'all. Act like adults. There's no need to insult others based on their device preference.

Its always best to respect others' opinions and not take things personally

Thanks,
sammich

pimpsuprazx 06-20-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [sammich] (Post 1826151)
Lets drop the childish behavior y'all. Act like adults. There's no need to insult others based on their device preference.

Respect others' opinions

Thanks,
sammich

with respect sam, alot of people have tried to help the OP out and all the OP is doing is shooting down ideas and making smart remarks, hence the insults, so apologies from myself, but just explaining to you what I have read

photojenius27 06-20-2010 03:00 PM

I'm no proffesional..but if you are having this many problems with your phone then maybe you should look into getting another one. Do you have sprint insurance? You would have to have the stock back on there of course..but if you have insurance on it you might want to take it into a sprint store. Now with 6.5 released most of the touch pro 2's come with it already loaded on there..you might have better luck with the stock rom, but still no guarantee..if you are still having this many issues with it after that and all the help everyone has suggested then you might want to look into another phone that you can atleast do most of your contracting work with even if it's not the same programs, I'm sure there are other programs that can do just as well.

Like I said I'm no expert, but I can understand that anyone would want their phone working properly especially for business, even personal. Good luck figuring this out and hope you have some luck in getting things working correctly.

pimpsuprazx 06-20-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1825693)
here you go:
http://gallery.mobile9.com/c/htc-tou...papers_2169/1/

just search apple, you'll find it. Also using it for my s2u2 wallpaper and that looks much better. I think for my avatar, I'm just gonna switch it to .jpg.

i got it and thank you

[sammich] 06-20-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx (Post 1826178)
with respect sam, alot of people have tried to help the OP out and all the OP is doing is shooting down ideas and making smart remarks, hence the insults, so apologies from myself, but just explaining to you what I have read

I have read the thread and understand that. My message wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I just wanted to remind everyone to keep their jets cooled so the thread doesn't erupt into a poo-flinging contest ;)

pimpsuprazx 06-20-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [sammich] (Post 1826304)
I have read the thread and understand that. My message wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I just wanted to remind everyone to keep their jets cooled so the thread doesn't erupt into a poo-flinging contest ;)

lol true enough, i hope all is well with ya, and thanks

austin420 06-20-2010 04:07 PM

enjoi!
http://www.rufkm.net/wp-content/uplo...opthrowing.bmp

LauraAmerica 06-20-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photojenius27 (Post 1826248)
Like I said I'm no expert, but I can understand that anyone would want their phone working properly especially for business, even personal. Good luck figuring this out and hope you have some luck in getting things working correctly.

Agree. I either find sense on keeping a phone that you doesn't work good for you. Even if I don't like it and it is excellent I wouldn't keep it (as childish as that is). Is like if somehow you forced me to use an iPhone :evil4: I couldn't be happy with that. If it is a perfect solution for all those people "fine" but it won't work for me no matter what.

revaaron 06-20-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photojenius27 (Post 1826248)
I'm no proffesional..but if you are having this many problems with your phone then maybe you should look into getting another one. Do you have sprint insurance? You would have to have the stock back on there of course..but if you have insurance on it you might want to take it into a sprint store. Now with 6.5 released most of the touch pro 2's come with it already loaded on there..you might have better luck with the stock rom, but still no guarantee..if you are still having this many issues with it after that and all the help everyone has suggested then you might want to look into another phone that you can atleast do most of your contracting work with even if it's not the same programs, I'm sure there are other programs that can do just as well.

I have no contract with anyone. I'm probably going to bring it in cause the keyboard is doing a lot of periods instead of spaces (the mat probably slipped under it) and it's not starting to charge unless I unplug and replug it a bunch of times.

LauraAmerica 06-20-2010 10:28 PM

Sell it for parts at eBay before it gets worse and buy something nice -and working :)

muyoso 06-20-2010 10:49 PM

Seriously ditch the TP2 and go for an Android phone. The TP2 is fine hardware wise, but Windows Mobile is garbage compared to Android. The only thing keeping Windows mobile afloat are the hard work from the devs on here and XDA, and even then the functionality is sorely lacking. Seriously, the fact that Windows mobile has no Windows Home Server client and no XBMC client is embarrassing and is evidence that this platform is dead. Been trying out Android for the last two days on the TP2, and it is so much ridiculously more polished and presentable. Make the switch.

nrfitchett4 06-20-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muyoso (Post 1826932)
Seriously ditch the TP2 and go for an Android phone. The TP2 is fine hardware wise, but Windows Mobile is garbage compared to Android. The only thing keeping Windows mobile afloat are the hard work from the devs on here and XDA, and even then the functionality is sorely lacking. Seriously, the fact that Windows mobile has no Windows Home Server client and no XBMC client is embarrassing and is evidence that this platform is dead. Been trying out Android for the last two days on the TP2, and it is so much ridiculously more polished and presentable. Make the switch.

I'm still waiting to see what android can do that winmo can't.

muyoso 06-21-2010 12:23 AM

Functional XBMC controller.

If you actually used Android you would know of tons. When you enter a text field that is your name, it automatically capitalizes the first letter of each name. If there are multiple text fields, it changes the keyboard so that at the bottom right there is a button that says "Next" so that you can just tap it and it takes you to the next text field you need to fill in, and it changes to "Done" at the last one. Its a much more polished OS. It makes Windows mobile look awful in comparison.

The market actually has an enormous amount of apps, and they are almost all free.

You can overclock your TP2 on android.

I have only spent about an hour in the Android OS, I am sure I will find a ridiculous amount more.

This feature doesn't work on the TP2 build at the moment, but how about unified Speech to Text across all text input? Windows mobile has nothing even coming close to this awesome.

Edit: Also, almost all of the apps are amazing looking and are very finger friendly. Windows Mobile has some of the worst looking applications that are not finger friendly at all. And you cannot blame the developers of the apps, because they are developing for a dead platform where they cannot make any money and are trying to make a 3 year old OS look compatible to the iphone and android. The time it takes to make an application look amazing is not worth the effort to many on windows mobile. Some developers have done amazing work, and have put in enormous amounts of time to get their apps looking great, but they are not the majority.

nrfitchett4 06-21-2010 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muyoso (Post 1827082)
Functional XBMC controller.

If you actually used Android you would know of tons. When you enter a text field that is your name, it automatically capitalizes the first letter of each name. If there are multiple text fields, it changes the keyboard so that at the bottom right there is a button that says "Next" so that you can just tap it and it takes you to the next text field you need to fill in, and it changes to "Done" at the last one. Its a much more polished OS. It makes Windows mobile look awful in comparison.

The market actually has an enormous amount of apps, and they are almost all free.

You can overclock your TP2 on android.

I have only spent about an hour in the Android OS, I am sure I will find a ridiculous amount more.

This feature doesn't work on the TP2 build at the moment, but how about unified Speech to Text across all text input? Windows mobile has nothing even coming close to this awesome.

Edit: Also, almost all of the apps are amazing looking and are very finger friendly. Windows Mobile has some of the worst looking applications that are not finger friendly at all. And you cannot blame the developers of the apps, because they are developing for a dead platform where they cannot make any money and are trying to make a 3 year old OS look compatible to the iphone and android. The time it takes to make an application look amazing is not worth the effort to many on windows mobile. Some developers have done amazing work, and have put in enormous amounts of time to get their apps looking great, but they are not the majority.

maybe because developers are trying to make apps for a fragmented OS? Don't worry, that is fast approaching on android where half the apps don't work on certain phones because they don't have the proper upgrades. The same complaints that have befallen WinMo are already creaping in on Android, in record time too.

revaaron 06-21-2010 11:11 AM

I'm looking for an android phone since I've given my life to google and all my documents/emails are up there on their servers. I would get an iPhone, but I need a qwerty. Plus, I'm super disappointed with the openness and selection of apps from iTunes. I just want to play simcity on my iPad... but you can't just do that. need to jailbreak and emu.

muyoso 06-21-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1827272)
maybe because developers are trying to make apps for a fragmented OS? Don't worry, that is fast approaching on android where half the apps don't work on certain phones because they don't have the proper upgrades. The same complaints that have befallen WinMo are already creaping in on Android, in record time too.

LOL. So your argument has gone from "Yea, well android doesn't have anything that winmo doesn't" to. "well maybe in the future android marketplace will be confusing"????

How embarassing that you cannot just admit you were wrong. Admitting that a phone OS of another phone may be better than yours does not make you less of a man.

pimpsuprazx 06-21-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muyoso (Post 1828354)
LOL. So your argument has gone from "Yea, well android doesn't have anything that winmo doesn't" to. "well maybe in the future android marketplace will be confusing"????

How embarassing that you cannot just admit you were wrong. Admitting that a phone OS of another phone may be better than yours does not make you less of a man.

Hey hey, I'm all for a good arguement/debate, but theres no need to call someone's manhood in on a discussion about phone OS's. That's severely uncalled for.

PatientTwo 06-21-2010 06:30 PM

same here lol

PatientTwo 06-21-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx (Post 1828375)
Hey hey, I'm all for a good arguement/debate, but theres no need to call someone's manhood in on a discussion about phone OS's. That's severely uncalled for.

agreed lol

muyoso 06-21-2010 06:54 PM

I am not calling anyones manhood into question, lol. I am just saying, its a phone OS, not something actually important, so to take it so seriously is dumb. I am specifically saying that your manhood is not equal to your specific phone OS of choice being number 1.