PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   My TP2 sucks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121141)

cd85233 05-18-2010 04:44 AM

Re: My TP2 sucks

Didnt read all the posts, but I'd just recommend get Calukins kitchen and build a 21056 rom with the basics and 2.1. I did this and I finally have ROM I really like and runs really well to my likings...of course that is because I made it!

nrfitchett4 05-18-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbac (Post 1757447)
If I had to type a tenth as many emails and texts as you say you do on a freaking iPad, I'd hang myself.

To say nothing of dragging that ridiculous thing around with me everywhere...

I played with one at best buy since I was there and I made 3 typos just trying to type in a web address.

nrfitchett4 05-18-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMeli907 (Post 1758279)
Thread should be "Most TP2's suck". Some are decent, but the crap refurbs get annoying

yet you admit that you are breaking your phone by the way you carry it. if you are willingly doing damage to your phone, then you are gonna have to deal with "crappy refurbs".

rodbac 05-18-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

I played with one at best buy since I was there and I made 3 typos just trying to type in a web address.
I had a similar experience. Virtual keyboards really suck in general IMO, and wrt to the iPad, I think it's almost worse having it larger- the lack of physical keys is easier to deal with when you're just poking with your thumbs because your hands are anchored relative to the keyboard (to the sides of the phone). That's not the case with the iPad, and it makes it an absolute nightmare to type on.

Of course, it's Apple's new shiney, so you know there are going to be a million or five that will do whatever is required of them by Apple to own the fashion statement, and will claim whatever disadvantages or limitations the device places on them don't matter, or are actually advantages (I've read reviews that claimed the lack of multitasking is actually a plus, for gawd's sake).

revaaron 05-26-2010 02:07 PM

ok, even with all my txts cleared out and sprint lover's rom, it sucks.

I just got a phone call. I'm looking at the home screen and it's not going to the phone screen. I have to slide the phone open and then close it get it to go to the phone screen. This last time I didn't do that, I just slide my finger to the side on the main Home screen and it had the ignore/answer slider pop up over the home screen and slide to ignore.

revaaron 05-26-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbac (Post 1759572)
I had a similar experience. Virtual keyboards really suck in general IMO, and wrt to the iPad, I think it's almost worse having it larger- the lack of physical keys is easier to deal with when you're just poking with your thumbs because your hands are anchored relative to the keyboard (to the sides of the phone). That's not the case with the iPad, and it makes it an absolute nightmare to type on.

Of course, it's Apple's new shiney, so you know there are going to be a million or five that will do whatever is required of them by Apple to own the fashion statement, and will claim whatever disadvantages or limitations the device places on them don't matter, or are actually advantages (I've read reviews that claimed the lack of multitasking is actually a plus, for gawd's sake).

I love my iPad. it is much easier typing on it with the large kb than the small one (when vertical).

ModmyPPC 05-26-2010 02:19 PM

Try Timberwolfs V8.3 rom.

Its by far the most stable and fastest rom I have ever experience and I havn't had any glitches with it best thing about it is everything works out of the box.

Half through the day I run Clean ram and clear temp and the phones battery is at 46% after 9 hours of usage

Ive been using it for I think 2 weeks now.

revaaron 06-06-2010 10:39 PM

link? cleanram is a scam. all it does is close all the programs that I'm using.

redd214 06-06-2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revaaron (Post 1797564)
link? cleanram is a scam. all it does is close all the programs that I'm using.

lol what?! a scam?! number one its free so not sure how theyre "scamming" you, number two it does more than that. read up on it and learn what it does before you make ignorant comments such as that one

Mojary 06-07-2010 11:33 AM

since you use your phone for work...ever tried just leaving it on the stock rom? so you don't run the risk of getting fined 60K?

jerryyyyy 06-07-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 1752249)
hard reset and ditch the clean up cab. it causes more trouble than its worth. if theres anything ive learned from that clean up cab its just do tweaks myself. also, as well as not using the clean up cab, try a ram sweeper like clear temp or clean ram. links provided.
clean ram. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59447
clear temp. http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...temp-v1-0.html

I just use the stock ROM and agree that this clean up causes problems. Would just add things one by one to the stock ROM. If that does not work, you have a bad phone.

Noir 06-07-2010 02:52 PM

nub what a nub
anyway going back to the tp2 from the hd2 the tp2 looks a but slow but the keyboard is fantastic
how I've missed it so much =3
but the speed is not there sadly =/ but it is a good phone for my brother but he's too media centric he can't use android because the extermal speakers don't work =(

revaaron 06-12-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojary (Post 1798487)
since you use your phone for work...ever tried just leaving it on the stock rom? so you don't run the risk of getting fined 60K?

I guess you missed the whole part where I've run from novemeber until about 2 weeks ago on the stock rom and I couldn't pick up phone calls.

Today, my phone has missed every single call, pocketed called even after locked twice to the local pizza joint for 20 minutes and 17 minutes. Plus, everything I've done on it, it registers 10 seconds after I do it. It's been doing that all through my trip to MD. I think it's a lot to do with the SenseUI interface since when I set up short cuts on the keyboard, I can get to things much easier.

revaaron 06-12-2010 01:41 PM

while typing that, I tried to look at my call history and my phone dialed my GF 3 times.

pimpsuprazx 06-12-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revaaron (Post 1810836)
while typing that, I tried to look at my call history and my phone dialed my GF 3 times.

sounds like you need to get another phone

nrfitchett4 06-12-2010 03:48 PM

definitely seems that the user and the phone do not get along.

uranidiot 06-12-2010 05:04 PM

it's just that ever since they came out with xandroid for the touch pro2 i realize how SH!TY WM is and how AWESOME ANDROID is ESPECIALLY on the touch pro2. i mean the only thing holding me back is slingplayer and its coming out this summer! then again im waiting for a EVO WITH A KEYBOARD to come out and sprint to come to there senses with that $10 BS fee. i hate the fact that even with the pre and EVO, SPRINT still has SH!TY phones. wheres the DROID or NEXUS ONE. and con somebody please release a over clocker app WOULD HELP!

nrfitchett4 06-12-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uranidiot (Post 1811173)
it's just that ever since they came out with xandroid for the touch pro2 i realize how SH!TY WM is and how AWESOME ANDROID is ESPECIALLY on the touch pro2. i mean the only thing holding me back is slingplayer and its coming out this summer! then again im waiting for a EVO WITH A KEYBOARD to come out and sprint to come to there senses with that $10 BS fee. i hate the fact that even with the pre and EVO, SPRINT still has SH!TY phones. wheres the DROID or NEXUS ONE. and con somebody please release a over clocker app WOULD HELP!

what does the nexus one offer that the evo doesn't??? there's a reason that sprint decided not to carry it.

newvet 06-12-2010 09:10 PM

Revarron, I believe your TP2 may be defective. I have recently had 2 of them start randomly dialing my phone contacts. A little at first, then non-stop until the phone became unusable. I had also developed rainbow banding on the screen(Another whole issue) so that was most likely my issue, but the part about it dialing your GF 3 times caught my attention.

goodluck

Riley 06-12-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx (Post 1810976)
sounds like you need to get another phone

Quote:

Originally Posted by newvet (Post 1811503)
Revarron, I believe your TP2 may be defective. I have recently had 2 of them start randomly dialing my phone contacts. A little at first, then non-stop until the phone became unusable. I had also developed rainbow banding on the screen(Another whole issue) so that was most likely my issue, but the part about it dialing your GF 3 times caught my attention.

goodluck

agreed, your phone is defective. thankfully we solved that... can we change the title to: Tp2 "doesn't" suck now?

uranidiot 06-13-2010 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1811435)
what does the nexus one offer that the evo doesn't??? there's a reason that sprint decided not to carry it.

i don't want 2 pay $10 EVO fee 4 something i may not use/want. $10 is BS! nexus is 3g hence no $10 bs fee

nrfitchett4 06-13-2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uranidiot (Post 1811973)
i don't want 2 pay $10 evo fee 4 something i may not use/want. $10 is bs! nexus is 3g hence no $10 bs fee

then switch to t-mobile!!!

pimpsuprazx 06-13-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rileyd5 (Post 1811746)
agreed, your phone is defective. thankfully we solved that... can we change the title to: Tp2 "doesn't" suck now?

or just give me the phone and I will keep it and treat it as if it were my own?

pimpsuprazx 06-13-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

i don't want 2 pay $10 EVO fee 4 something i may not use/want. $10 is BS! nexus is 3g hence no $10 bs fee

sounds like you either need a hug, or need to be taken round back and have someone bust ya up a little bit

austin420 06-13-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx (Post 1812084)
sounds like you either need a hug, or need to be taken round back and have someone bust ya up a little bit

i volunteer my services!

Wesley762 06-13-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 1812290)
i volunteer my services!

Austin420 is giving free hugs away lol.

aaron580 06-13-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesley762 (Post 1812322)
Austin420 is giving free hugs away lol.

uve had the experience it sounds like :mrgreen:

Recursion 06-13-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Then DON'T!!! :angry7:

pimpsuprazx 06-13-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 1812290)
i volunteer my services!

for a beating or a hug? lol

revaaron 06-18-2010 10:54 AM

man.. I'm not sure wtf is up with my phone now... for the past 2 days even after reboots, it's cooking hot and the battery died from 6am when I pulled it off the charger until 10am. Just noticed that i have 1.7K texts on it.

I should say that I'm incredibly demanding on my phones. I went through 7+ moguls in a year or so and 3 touch pros. With all of them, the keyboards crapped out.

I played with the droid incredible the other day at BJs. I can not believe how amazingly snappy it was. makes my phone seem like trash.

Wesley762 06-18-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revaaron (Post 1822683)
man.. I'm not sure wtf is up with my phone now... for the past 2 days even after reboots, it's cooking hot and the battery died from 6am when I pulled it off the charger until 10am. Just noticed that i have 1.7K texts on it.

I should say that I'm incredibly demanding on my phones. I went through 7+ moguls in a year or so and 3 touch pros. With all of them, the keyboards crapped out.

I played with the droid incredible the other day at BJs. I can not believe how amazingly snappy it was. makes my phone seem like trash.

1700 text's on your phone would be why it's not running good. clean that up and archive them, you should have a much more responsive phone.

demonlordoftheround 06-18-2010 12:16 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-gb; HTC Legend Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

These things weren't designed for that kind of storage. I delete texts as soon as they are read. Same for e-mail.

revaaron 06-18-2010 01:04 PM

these things should be designed for it. 90% of my communication is done via txt. I already archived the texts and the only thing it helped was the rotating. now it actually rotates.

revaaron 06-18-2010 01:05 PM

btw: I just went and played with the EVO 4G and it's amazing... just needs a full kb.
Though it's almost the size of one of those 80's cellphones from saved by the bell.

Wesley762 06-18-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revaaron (Post 1822932)
these things should be designed for it. 90% of my communication is done via txt. I already archived the texts and the only thing it helped was the rotating. now it actually rotates.

So that helped, good. are you using any task manager or anything like Clean Ram?

my pants are tight 06-18-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revaaron (Post 1822934)
btw: I just went and played with the EVO 4G and it's amazing... just needs a full kb.
Though it's almost the size of one of those 80's cellphones from saved by the bell.

Zack Morris was using his Motorola brick till 1993. The brick came out in the 70's and lasted until the release of the Micro Tac series phones in the mid 90's. How times have changed, now phones have a 6-12 month product life cycle instead of 2.5 decade life.

When I was in high school you either had nothing or the brick a bag phone or a hard wired phone in your car. Very few people had a cell phone.

Today, smart phones rule the market and your handset defines who you are.

Delete those text messages!!!

revaaron 06-18-2010 04:58 PM

If I delete the txts then how can I look back and prove my gf was wrong about something? not deleting them. Storing them in ms my phone and gmail until I get a gphone.

The fact that this phone can't handle a months worth of my txts is worthless.

pimpsuprazx 06-18-2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revaaron (Post 1823378)
If I delete the txts then how can I look back and prove my gf was wrong about something? not deleting them. Storing them in ms my phone and gmail until I get a gphone.

thats crazy, your doing all this just to prove that your gf was wrong about something?

if thats the case just take screenshots of all your texts and save them to your memory card lol

my pants are tight 06-18-2010 05:38 PM

It sounds like your relationship with your girlfriend is on the rocks and will most certainly end. Your options are to keep your mouth shut and forget it or photograph all of your incriminating evidence and shove it down her throat. Either way you lose.

I would take a digital camera and take pics in macro mode. Then spend $200 and hour to tell a therapist about your girlfriends transgressions.

YnYng 06-18-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revaaron (Post 1823378)

lol im sad to say this, but sometimes i need em too to do this exact same thing.

use this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=702390

it totally helps

edit: i reread ur post so i guess ur already backing them to email somehow, but then why not just delete them afterwards? if shes wrong jus open up ur email, ur TP2 can handle it lol