PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 08:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

LbC Ya562 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why is TP2 better than iphone

Yeah, I was just saying this the other day! htc doesnt do sh*t really in the way of Advertisement! They advertise the hell outta that one they got with all the celebrities in the commercial...... No touch pro 2 adds...... I've seen 1 bilboard here...... It feels like the Touch Pro 2 is already an obselete phone! Come on htc! it just came out, and its getting left in the dust......... Even if they would release WinMo 6.5 I'd be alittle more satisfied!!!! But they are draggin their feet for THAT even!!! They need to recognise that REGULAR people do use their phones..... Not just the Suit & Tie types of people! Daaaaamn, I even been considering trying to trade my TP2 for a htc Hero or somethin!!...... Im dont venting..... for now
Old 12-06-2009, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

NCHEVYHEVN is keeping up the good workNCHEVYHEVN is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
My problem is, everything that is made for the iPhone can run on the TP2. We just need it ported! And because there is so much Mac vs MS separation, there's not a lot of people in the middle to port.
I agree with you but it just didn't happen. iPhone took off and Microsoft as usal waited too long to respond. WM7 is microsofts last chance at bringing up sales and they are already off to a bad start. They need to make products people want.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHEVYHEVN View Post
I agree with you but it just didn't happen. iPhone took off and Microsoft as usal waited too long to respond. WM7 is microsofts last chance at bringing up sales and they are already off to a bad start. They need to make products people want.
Honestly, I think they need a new marketing department. Bill Gates and Jerry Seinfeld? Who cares? Fire everyone and hire the marketers at Budweiser.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Stock 2.2

Knuxr is just getting started

They just started advertising recently but it is mostly the Android phones they show off, for the most part I think word of mouth is how they get their advertising.

As for why it is better than an iPhone there are a couple, like the fact we can have custom ROMs, a full slide out keyboard, TRUE multitasking and useful apps..
Old 12-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Banned User

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I still can't believe you can't download anything on the web with that phone. WOW.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Honestly, I think they need a new marketing department. Bill Gates and Jerry Seinfeld? Who cares? Fire everyone and hire the marketers at Budweiser.
Well yes better advertising but also phones that are a bit easier to use. Not everyone is a tech person that can devote the time to learning how to use the phone. Apple perfected simplicity with the iPhone and that's what people like. Granted it lost some nice features other phones have but it still can't be beat for a nicely polished interface.

The only thing I like about my TP2 better than the iPhone is the slideout keyboard. A jailbroken iPhone can be customized just like a WM phone but maybe just not as much. I actually prefer the stock interface myself on the iPhone. Looks awsome.

A removable battery would have been better for the iPhone also. The expandable memory not really. 32GB or even 16GB is plenty of space. And multi tasking for me isn't that important. I normally only multi-task by listening to music in the background while doing something else. Mulit-tasking past 3-4 open programs is kinda pointless. You can only be doing so much at one point of time on a cellphone.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHEVYHEVN View Post
A jailbroken iPhone can be customized just like a WM phone but maybe just not as much.
With the exception that you can't update it at all without figuring out a new way to jailbreak it.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Stock 2.2

Knuxr is just getting started

Quote:
With the exception that you can't update it at all without figuring out a new way to jailbreak it.
Not to mention the chance that it might get one of those worms going around for jailbroken iPhones..
Old 12-06-2009, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I remember the 3.0 software update from Apple took something like a few days to jailbreak.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:44 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Yea just like we have to use hspl just to unlock ours and you have to relock it before you take it in to a store... not really much difference there.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison