PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 04:29 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: is the treo as bad as i hear ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
horrible battery life.

not getting / receiving calls.

gps issues.

usb charging / sync problems.

hardly no customization.

no java by default.

the list goes on.....

the stylus is not an issue because you could always buy a new one.
The 800w is not the only device plagued by bad battery life.

I've never had a problem with not getting calls so I can't give any info about that.

What gps issues? Its not true gps and the fiasco related to that was that it was advertised as having true gps abilities. Have you heard about the Touch Pro's gps issues, or did they get that fixed?

A software update solved the usb charge/sync issues.

You can't fault the device for not being customizable. Its not an HTC device so what do you expect? The Treo Pro is and has been out for a while and people have only managed a rom dump.

Like others have said, do your homework before you buy. Personally, I bought the 800w because of the form factor. A front facing qwerty was most important to me. Although, coming from a 6700 I do very much miss the ability to customize it to no end. In the end, I'm very happy with my device and praise it more than hate it. ymmv.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work

If you buy from Sprint or Palm, you can always try for a free upgrade to the Treo Pro because of the defective GPS on the 800w. Sprint is selling them at the entry-level price of $99!
Old 02-08-2009, 11:27 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippity.hoppity View Post
...defective GPS on the 800w.
What's wrong with the GPS? Maybe I am naive or a bit inexperience in the GPS area but I don't seem to have had any issues with mine.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:54 AM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

i found a battery & performance hack cab on treo central for the 800w.
Attached Files
File Type: cab battery tweak.cab (2.5 KB, 76 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by fixxxer2012; 02-08-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 850e' / HTC Touch Pro 2 / Sprint Evo 4G !

Sprints700wx is just getting started

i was kind of the same boat .. i was reading alot of bad things and then just thought ****ed it .. you have 30 days to return it . and as far as batt life .. its alright . i used so reg tweaks and the phones been pretty good.. so far i love it and dont think im going to return it .. its really up to you when it comes down to it . not on what other people think becuase there likes might be diifff from yours... hopes this helps
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:39 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprints700wx View Post
i was kind of the same boat .. i was reading alot of bad things and then just thought ****ed it .. you have 30 days to return it . and as far as batt life .. its alright . i used so reg tweaks and the phones been pretty good.. so far i love it and dont think im going to return it .. its really up to you when it comes down to it . not on what other people think becuase there likes might be diifff from yours... hopes this helps

ive decided to keep it, it should be here tomorrow or tuesday. i have been searching the forums and downloading the apps, tweaks and customizations i want on the phone.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

Issues? Those above are not too bad. Issues: Bluetooth disconnecting several times a day. Network disconnects several times a day. Bluetooth volume starting at 1/2 setting with all headset calls. Two devices exchanged due to defective key board. Those are issues.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:11 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC View Post
Issues? Those above are not too bad. Issues: Bluetooth disconnecting several times a day. Network disconnects several times a day. Bluetooth volume starting at 1/2 setting with all headset calls. Two devices exchanged due to defective key board. Those are issues.
Are you referring to the 800w or the Touch Pro? If you are talking about the Touch Pro then why are you posting here?
Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w, Treo Pro 850, Blackberry Bold 9650

NubianPrince is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
i just bought my treo 800w and now im selling it because of all of the negative feedback ive been hearing about it on here and several other sites. the phone seems to have alot of issues from what i hear, is it really that bad of a phone ? i think im going to look to get into a diamond or touch 6900.
I have had this phone since it came out and have had no issues other than battery, but keep in mind, this is a business phone, not a media phone if I can call it that!!!

Treo 800w all the way, I upgraded from the 700w
Old 02-09-2009, 12:38 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Just battery draining to fast, other than that has been ok...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w