PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 10:17 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy is the treo as bad as i hear ?

i just bought my treo 800w and now im selling it because of all of the negative feedback ive been hearing about it on here and several other sites. the phone seems to have alot of issues from what i hear, is it really that bad of a phone ? i think im going to look to get into a diamond or touch 6900.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:03 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Re: is the treo as bad as i hear ?

Please tell us the issues you hear and we will tell you if we are having the same issues. I can tell you I have had it since it came out in July and I love this device. Have I had issues? Yes but mostly ones that I caused on my own. Sure the stylus sucks and the battery life isn't quite what I would like it to be but nothing I haven't been able to deal with.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:09 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
Please tell us the issues you hear and we will tell you if we are having the same issues. I can tell you I have had it since it came out in July and I love this device. Have I had issues? Yes but mostly ones that I caused on my own. Sure the stylus sucks and the battery life isn't quite what I would like it to be but nothing I haven't been able to deal with.

horrible battery life.

not getting / receiving calls.

gps issues.

usb charging / sync problems.

hardly no customization.

no java by default.

the list goes on.....

the stylus is not an issue because you could always buy a new one.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

just my opinion but you might want to try it before you go by what everyone else says.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
just my opinion but you might want to try it before you go by what everyone else says.
+1 ^^^^^^^^. Have you actually experienced these issues, or is this hearsay?

Old 02-07-2009, 11:32 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
+1 ^^^^^^^^. Have you actually experienced these issues, or is this hearsay?

what ive read on this forum and treo central. well if i can't sell it maybe ill give it a go, i just don't want to have any issues with the phone. im also big on customizing my phones so i hope to an extent i can ?
Old 02-08-2009, 12:49 AM

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

The only issue that I have is battery life. I don't have an issue with missing calls or gps. There is a patch for the usb/ sync issue and there are plenty of work arounds for java. Just search the forum. As for no customizations I do be to differ. My device sw looks nothing like what it did out of box. Since you currently have one I would also suggest to try it out. You may be surprised of the outcome.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work

Do you have a mind to decide for yourself? What does it matter what others think? Why did you buy it in the first place then?
Old 02-08-2009, 12:57 AM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd144 View Post
Do you have a mind to decide for yourself? What does it matter what others think? Why did you buy it in the first place then?

well the price was good on ebay compared to a diamond or touch. i have decided to keep it and give it a go. as far as the battery life being so bad, is there a tweak or something to help it ?
Old 02-08-2009, 01:00 AM

My suggestion is research next time before you buy. Especially if you can't return it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w