PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

dcolpi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Using your Treo 800w as a flashlight

My last questions got such good results I thought I would ask another...

So this may sound stupid, but I used to use my old phone as rudamentery flashlight. The screen was mostly white and it was bright enough to walk around my room without turning on the light and waking up my wife (very important function for me in a phone, especially when I am paged or called in the middle of the night).

I understand that the Treo has no "flash" for the camera to use as a flashlight, but I was wondering if folks new of a way to use the screen as sort of a flashlight (and it would be cool if this could be linked to a button that as long as I am holding it down the screen lights up all white and is set to the highest brightness ... sort of like how the side button defaults to with the recorder... as long as you hold it down, it records).

What I use now is the "owner's screen" and keyguard combo. The screen is mostly white and it basically works. However, I am looking for something (or a combination of somethings) that I can use like in the previous paragraph.

Any ideas?
Old 01-29-2009, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache->samsung saga->omnia->TOUCH PRO2!!!!!!!
Carrier: Verizon

DJx79x is keeping up the good workDJx79x is keeping up the good work
Re: Using your Treo 800w as a flashlight

getting calls in the middle of the night and trying to get out without waking your wife it sounds suspicious lol jk have you tried going into just the programs menus it is mostly white or you could take a picture of a white wall or surface and go to the file explorer and look at it to get around
Old 01-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dcolpi is a n00b

That would work, but I am looking for something that requires as few "taps" as possible. Ideally, it would be something that "whited" the screen as long as I held down a specific button. Or maybe pressing a specific button woudl turn it on or off.

Again, I am using the owner screen with keylock combo now... that sort of works. I was just wondering if there was a better solution. I am continueing to look for this, and I will post what I find (if anything) in case others are interested.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2009, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

mike1224 is becoming a great contributor

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...lashlight.html

give this a try. I think I used to have something similar a little while ago.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dcolpi is a n00b

Thanks. I looked at this before, but that was before I upgraded to .net framework 3.5. It might require that as this time when I tired it, it worked as I think it should. I wasn't able to get the "burn" button to do anything... but I am not sure it is suppose to do anything.

So, now I am left with how to map this to a key. I don't want to give up any I have as I generally use them. However I was thinking of using the Wifi button (since press and hold do basically teh same thing, I was wondering if anyone knew a way to control what "press" on this button did)? It would be really cool if someone knew how to configure it so that pressing this button launched the app if it is not running, and to close it if it is running. In this way, it could be like an on/off button for the flashlight.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w