PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: soft reset button for 800w

To answer your original question, no the 800w doesn't have a physical button to soft reset the device.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

JCSands is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
cuz mines looks like da attach in d 1st thread....?? but idk..unless they da same but look different...
Yes, they are one in the same. The difference is that you are launching yours through SPB and it does look different. As an experiment, try launching it from the Today screen, but use your stylus to tap the Start button and drill down to the program folder and SoftReset . It'll look like the screenshot you quoted.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Threadstarter

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSands View Post
Yes, they are one in the same. The difference is that you are launching yours through SPB and it does look different. As an experiment, try launching it from the Today screen, but use your stylus to tap the Start button and drill down to the program folder and SoftReset . It'll look like the screenshot you quoted.
kew..didnt know that 'preciate the bright light(to see what you are talking about)
Old 01-27-2009, 02:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

exterminator20 is just getting started

I used the following cab file {found it somewhere here don't remember which thread}...then mapped the side button to soft reset when it is held
Attached Files
File Type: cab SoftReset.Arm 1100 (4K) v3.00.CAB (4.3 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:16 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

I use SPBMobile Shell to soft Reset, also SKTools has a soft reset option.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 850e' / HTC Touch Pro 2 / Sprint Evo 4G !

Sprints700wx is just getting started

is there anything like the psShut xp i use to have on my 700wx .. i installed on my 800w and the button worked fyne but when the screen came up "to choose" the option of either restart.shut.down and etc looked rather small on my screen anyone help with this ..

i really miss having it on the today scrreen
Old 02-01-2009, 04:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid X2
Carrier: Verizon

cscoot03 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to cscoot03

Skeegcpp yesterday I was looking for a soft reset & looking inTreo Pro I found one haven't used it yet & I'm wondering which to use yours or the Pro's. I'm so tired of pulling my battery w/my 800w. So do you suggest I use yours since we're talking 800's? I have a Touch Pro (don't like it? getting a Treo Pro). Thanks for your info & your help.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:10 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
Skeegcpp yesterday I was looking for a soft reset & looking inTreo Pro I found one haven't used it yet & I'm wondering which to use yours or the Pro's. I'm so tired of pulling my battery w/my 800w. So do you suggest I use yours since we're talking 800's? I have a Touch Pro (don't like it? getting a Treo Pro). Thanks for your info & your help.
I've personally used the one skeegcpp posted, i think thats what you should use. Of course lets see what skeegcpp recommends.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:14 PM
N00b

cscoot03 is a n00b

Skeegcpp, Just looked, the one for the Pro is from tdy.meters & then yours. Well I just tried both & I lost Pocket Exress on my tdy. screen. Alternated between the 2 & it still doesn't show. What do you think, am I going to have to HRS or just remove both in remove programs, Then which do I use? Thanks
Old 02-01-2009, 05:51 PM
N00b

cscoot03 is a n00b

After srst & losing PE, I put both files on the card, then deleted files, then pulled battery & then went to tdy & re-checked PE & it returned to tdy screen. OK which srst is best? Any suggestion? Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w