PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [UPDATED 1/17/09] Treo 800w Registry Tweaks Consolidated

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefrobmiracle View Post
Dose it keep it from popping up when you go to web sites or apps when you tap a text entry fields? It dosen't pop up often by It just...... well you know. Anyhow TY.
or better yet..backup ur data, try it, cee for urself...u'll find out, its funner this way. cuz his Mortscript cab is dope, i use it myself..i havent tried the hide keyboard option yet..that doesnt bother me...but yea, try it..test it out for u and every1 else, report any issues or likes or whatever
Old 01-23-2009, 08:57 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefrobmiracle View Post
Dose it keep it from popping up when you go to web sites or apps when you tap a text entry fields? It dosen't pop up often by It just...... well you know. Anyhow TY.

Read Ya Later!!!!!
No, it doesn't remove the keyboard or prevent it from popping up when hitting a text entry field. I have a seen a reg edit for that though and have been meaning to dig it up for a while now, just haven't had the time.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w

chefrobmiracle is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to chefrobmiracle

Still new to this reg edit thing but found something.

Disable Radio On/ Radio Off Sound

HKLM\Palm\Carrier\DaillookupPlugin\PhoneStatus

GoodbyeImage = RadioGoodbye_Sprint.bmp
GoodbyeSound = RadioOff.wav
WelcomeImage = RadioWelcome_Sprint.bmp
WelcomeSound = RadioOn.wav

I put quotes around Radiooff.wav and RadioOn.wav, no more sounds when you turn off and on the phone radio. I tried it with the .bmp values and all it did was make to make it so I couldn't turn the radio on and off. Maybe someone with just a bit more knowlage about this can play with it and see if there is a way to change the On\Off sound to what ever and the On\Off pic to what ever.

Read ya Later!

For when all you can do is just hold on!!!!
http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w...X1000-ZX12.flv
Old 01-23-2009, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800w

SkipJack is keeping up the good workSkipJack is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to SkipJack Send a message via MSN to SkipJack

I tweaked my 800 so the date is above the clock, but it changes the date format on SMS messages as well. For instance, for today it reads, 23F1, meaning 23=Day F=Friday 1=Month. Is there a way to keep this tweak, but fix the format in SMS as well? Thanks for any help you can give.

– Dr. Manhattan.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:16 PM
I love root
Threadstarter

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipJack View Post
I tweaked my 800 so the date is above the clock, but it changes the date format on SMS messages as well. For instance, for today it reads, 23F1, meaning 23=Day F=Friday 1=Month. Is there a way to keep this tweak, but fix the format in SMS as well? Thanks for any help you can give.
Hmm. I never noticed that. I actually don't use the default Palm SMS threaded messaging. I used a hack to switch it so that Windows Mobile would handle the threaded messages and the date and time looks fine for me.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Intrepid

jmel is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
Hmm. I never noticed that. I actually don't use the default Palm SMS threaded messaging. I used a hack to switch it so that Windows Mobile would handle the threaded messages and the date and time looks fine for me.

I noticed this as well... I had to revert to palm sms though because the today screen plugin doesnt show number of unread sms on it. REALLY annoyed me...Also, the email notification icon in the title bar obstructs the sms notification icon, so if you get an email after an sms, you cant really tell...
Old 01-26-2009, 01:46 PM
I love root
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmel View Post
I noticed this as well... I had to revert to palm sms though because the today screen plugin doesnt show number of unread sms on it. REALLY annoyed me...Also, the email notification icon in the title bar obstructs the sms notification icon, so if you get an email after an sms, you cant really tell...
My thoughts were I never really cared about how many SMS I had, if I had at least one I was going to check it. The option I need the most is being able to save a message as read without having to actually open it and read it:
Old 01-26-2009, 02:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
My thoughts were I never really cared about how many SMS I had, if I had at least one I was going to check it. The option I need the most is being able to save a message as read without having to actually open it and read it:
Dannz, bro!!! is this a reg edit/tweak? i dont remember if this was included with the list on page 1...wait. i know, check the list..brb
ok, i didnt cee it. when recv'g text, only options for me were to view or dismiss. how did u get this to come up on your phone?

thanx bro, ima check this out.. good looking out

Last edited by skeegcpp; 01-26-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

Quote:

** which SMS does this come up with? the palm 800W built in one?? The link you sent us to shows Pocket outlook SMS and I dont want that but I would like the above features....
Old 01-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 800w

khandi is a n00b

does anyone know why my phone 800w doesn't charge while in use?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w