PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w
Carrier: sprint

wrangler is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alarm won't sound

I tried to do a search and get an answer, but obviously, I couldn't find one! For some reason, when I set an alarm on my 800w, I get no sound alert. I checked everything I know of to get it to sound. The most I can do is get a vibrate alert. I've never hacked the registry, as I really wouldn't know what I'm doing. PLEASE help!

Thank you much, in advance!!
Old 10-22-2008, 11:07 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Alarm won't sound

I have had this same issue I finally got things resolved today. The way I fixed this requires MemMaid memory cleaner you can get a trial offer at MemMaid - Download. Once you have MemMaid installed you need to go to Start/Settings/System/Clock & Alarm and uncheck all the alarms. Next open MemMaid left soft key, jump to Databases/ Notification Que and check all the boxes next to a clock icon including the one that causes a bunch of other boxes to be checked don't worry about the calendar Notifications that get checked they will come back on there own. Now hit delete click yes then ok, now exit MemMaid and soft reset your 800w. (Pull out the battery) Once your 800w is back to the today screen go back to Start/Settings/System/Clock & Alarm and reset your alarms. That should fix your alarm problem.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:38 AM
Lurker

sharklvr8 is a n00b

I tried this as well and it did not work. I have checked my volume and all settings. This is my 4th WM device and I have had alarm issues with all of them.

Any other suggestions?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:06 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Do you have Opera browser installed?
Old 10-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

wrangler is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
Do you have Opera browser installed?
No, I don't. Unfortunately, since I don't use the alarm on a regular basis, I don't know when it stopped working! I still get a notification on the screen, but just no sound
Old 11-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Lurker

adder1221 is a n00b

I had the same issue and just downloaded galarm. It works great for me.. Thanks, A
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42542
Old 11-11-2008, 08:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

antscoe is a n00b

I had the same issue. I went to Sprint and they did a hard reset on the phone. Works perfectly now.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:06 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by antscoe View Post
I had the same issue. I went to Sprint and they did a hard reset on the phone. Works perfectly now.
wrangler, in case you're wondering how to do a hard reset...pull the battery out, hold the red end key then put the battery back in. keep holding the red end key until the screen prompts with: "Push up to erase all data. Down to cancel." let us know if you get it fixed. oh, and backup your data before you hard reset.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

wrangler is a n00b

Still having that problem...the hard reset didn't do the trick. I tried using Spoonalarm today, and that TOTALLY froze up my phone and even after a hard reset and an uninstall, the phone's acting odd(er than usual).

I was looking into G-alarm, but don't know what the .net compact framework is, if I have it, or how to use it...lol

Help? (again)
Old 03-11-2009, 05:05 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Have you tried CT AlarmClock Lite? It might do the trick. I've never used it so I can't give any experiences.

http://www.connectivetools.com/ctalarmclocklt.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w