PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 05:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VZW users...take heart!!!!

I saw this posted on TreoCentral and thought it was interesting enough to pass along. As stated in the write-up, you can take it for what it is worth, but I am taking a little hope:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMExperts Articles View Post
Let's be honest here: when the Verizon 700wx received an inexplicably late update to Windows Mobile 6 last week, you you likely filled with an unsettling admixture of glee and fear. The optimist in you said “There must have been some mega-corporation that uses the 700wx and needed this update.” The pessimist (when he got done wondering why it was WM6 instead of WM6.1) said “Verizon has to get the 700wx up to WM6 because they took a flier on the Treo 800w.” Despite Verizon sightings and leaked presentations, deep down you suspected that the big V might be willing to ignore the Treo 800w.

Well, stop that, stop it right **now**. Our new BFF Scott decided to quash that feeling and started chatting up Verizon reps. With the tenacity and rhetorical flair of a consummate debate king, he managed to get a rep to break from the standard script and admit that, yes, a new Treo is coming in the next month or so, and yes, it will be the 800w.

Scott, however, knows that your standard Verizon representative is a wily character, capable of guile and, yes, even lies. So he confirmed it twice more -- *three* separate reps verifying that it's due within “a few weeks” to “a month” and that it will definitely be the Treo 800w, not the rumored CDMA version of the Treo Pro.

If it were released next month, that would account for a 3 month (give or take) exclusive with Sprint, a time period that seems like the natural length for exclusivity.

So take all that for what it's worth, but we at WMExperts are firmly moving the Verizon Treo 800w into the “very probable” category. October should be a fun month. Meanwhile, big ups to Scott for doggedly pursuing the truth and to all three loose-lipped Verizon representatives, who showed that they can leak about everything, not just the BlackBerry Storm.

Read more at http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ru...ry_the_tr.html
Now....I have been looking forward to the 800w for a long time, and where the Pro is rumored, I think I would chance the 800w and leave the Pro for a possible 'upgrade' in the future (IF it even comes out in CDMA).

The only sad thing I am faced with in getting the 800w is lack of compatibility with A_C's S2 apps (and the way things are looking, no chance of him working on it either)!!!

Old 10-08-2008, 12:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 800w

maze is a n00b
Re: VZW users...take heart!!!!

I figured that Verizon would be getting it when I found Verizon startup screens in the files in my 800w...
Old 10-10-2008, 08:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Re: VZW users...take heart!!!!

Yea - didn't WM Experts or Engadget break the story back in July with the internal Verizon slide stating it would come in Q3....

Update: found the slide - http://www.everythingtreo.com/news/h...3-20080602623/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w