PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2008, 04:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

J_Bone is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Locking the phone

A Mogul convert here. Just got my 800 activated today and like it so far. Seems to have a better reception than my mogul (which was main reason I changed.)

Anyways. I noticed when you lock the phone the center buttons (not the qwerty keys or softkeys) will awaken the phone. Is there a better way to lock the phone. I carry it in my pocket and don't think the current lock will work for me. I used Slide to Unlock on my mogul and liked it well enough.

Thanks a bunch.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

dmc1068 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to dmc1068 Send a message via MSN to dmc1068 Send a message via Yahoo to dmc1068
Re: Locking the phone

You can lock it and assign a password. Start/Settings/Lock. Set for how ever long you want. Once the phone goes into sleep mode it starts the timer.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:34 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

There is also a keyguard setting. I found this setting useful.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Treo800Gal is a n00b

I know some folks use slide-to-unlock on their Treos. Not sure where to find it but it's out there.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

chocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to chocmatic Send a message via MSN to chocmatic Send a message via Yahoo to chocmatic

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=171883
Old 01-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w
Carrier: sprint

wrangler is a n00b

I would love to finally find a solution to the "random program opening while the phone is in my pocket" issue!!
Old 01-06-2009, 02:24 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Do any of you carry other items in your pocket with your phone?
In the 5 months I've had this phone I've never had any problems with it accidently unlocking the screen. And I use the regular push the end key to turn off, center key to unlock.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:33 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I carry my Swiss Army knife, a real Victorinox, in the same pocket. I have never had the problem of accidentily unlocking the screen.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:45 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treo800Gal View Post
I know some folks use slide-to-unlock on their Treos. Not sure where to find it but it's out there.
I had S2U2 installed on my treo700wx to slide to unlock.

Last edited by JAVIERBOND007; 01-09-2009 at 12:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Hi,I am new here

???

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w