PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker

psywzrd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
800w not downloading attachments

I have my 800w set up to automatically download email attachments and it is not doing so. Even if I try to "force" it to download them by marking the attachments for download, it fails during the download process. I am using mail2web in the same manner that I've used it in the past and it's always worked properly. Any ideas?
Old 07-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul
Carrier: sprint

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work
Re: 800w not downloading attachments

It is not your phone it is your server. I have been having issues with mail2web for the last few weeks and finally swithced to 1and1 exchange and haven't been happier.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hitatchi-G1000(every Good phone)Touch+Treo 800W+(iphone3G)+Diamond+Touch Pro+(PRE)+TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carrier: Had to try the IP3G=Now Sprint for life!!

rell0202 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rell0202 Send a message via MSN to rell0202 Send a message via Yahoo to rell0202

its the phone it doesnt even work for gmail or outlook! wht is 1and1 exchange?
Old 07-25-2008, 01:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alli is a n00b

I set up my domain account (not using Outlook) and when trying to d/l a .cab file that I'd emailed to myself to install, got the message that it was a dangerous file and I would not be allowed to d/l it.

WTF Over!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: at&t

jasonki32 is a n00b

It seems like poutlook on the 800w is more security consicous? I have found that after the attachment has been downloaded you much hold on the file and click on "save as," after that is done, navigate to where you have the file saved and open it. It should work fine. A lot more work to view an attachment.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli View Post
I set up my domain account (not using Outlook) and when trying to d/l a .cab file that I'd emailed to myself to install, got the message that it was a dangerous file and I would not be allowed to d/l it.

WTF Over!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonki32 View Post
It seems like poutlook on the 800w is more security consicous? I have found that after the attachment has been downloaded you much hold on the file and click on "save as," after that is done, navigate to where you have the file saved and open it. It should work fine. A lot more work to view an attachment.
just wanted to jump in and point out that this isnt new on the 800w. i think its winmo 6.1, but it may have been there since 6 cant remember for sure.

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244
Old 08-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

smdjent is a n00b

It isn't wm6.1. I could easily open attachments on my touch after the upgrade but can't with the 800w.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdjent View Post
It isn't wm6.1. I could easily open attachments on my touch after the upgrade but can't with the 800w.
well let me rephrase. you could and couldn't open attachments on the touch. it depends on what kind of file it is. if it is a file that microsoft thinks may be dangerous to open directly from an email, then you cant (across all devices). if it is a more harmless filetype (like zip's i believe but cant be sure) then you can open them (across all devices).

for example, if you try to open an exe in an email in any device, its not going to let you. you can, however, hold your stylus/finger on the file until the little context menu pops up and click "save as...". then save it, then run it from that location using a file explorer (across all devices).
Old 03-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 on Energy

coolmuke is a n00b

Is there a way to download attachments through gmail? when i open attachments, it opens in internet explorer. I want to save the attachment.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmuke View Post
Is there a way to download attachments through gmail? when i open attachments, it opens in internet explorer. I want to save the attachment.
What file type are you opening? I don't know why it would open in PIE. Whatever file I open from an email it will open in the corresponding application, i.e. a jpeg opens in a picture viewer, a word doc open in MSWord, etc. If you want to download the attachment click and hold on the attachment (you can do this with the center button in the middle of the 4-way) and select "Save as..."
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w