PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2006, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

billyman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Software update for the 700WX

Hello all,

I just hung up with Sprint Cust Care and the oper. I spoke to informed me there is a software update available, but I have to take it to the Sprint Store. She said it will be done at no charge. Has anyone heard of this? What the update is for or what it's expected to fix?

Also, I read on one of these forums there was a PRL updats avail as well. The guy said to call CC & tell them you want your account flagged for the PRL update, then dial back into Sprint (*2+talk) and the update will happen automatically. I did this, and verified my phone has the updayed PRL. But now EVERYTIME I call Sprint, it tells me there is an update avail and to stay on the line while it updates. WTF??

I spend as much time working on this phone as I do actually using it. Holy moly.

Anyway, feedback welcome.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:19 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Are you talking about the SMS patch??? http://www.ppcgeeks.com/palm-sprint-...sed-t1299.html

It came out a while ago... if they didn't give you details on this update there's no way we can now. We all hope they are working on a new ROM including threading messaging, one-handed navigation on POutlook, etc.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 12-14-2006, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

billyman is becoming a great contributor
Pibe38

No, it's not the SMS patch. I told her I had already installed that. She said it was a different update. But you know these sprint CSRs. I guess I'll go in tomorrow and see.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sharklvr7 is a n00b
Let us know the outcome....I bet you get somthing like.....

You - Hello, I am having a few issues with my phone and I was told there is an update that you can install.

Sprint Store - Uh.....Hummm....Well......we really dont know what you are talking about, let me get "The Guy" in the back to check on it.

You - Ok, how long will this take

Sprint Store - Uh....Hummmm...Well....we really busy today servicing our new customer and really dont have time for you.....

You - Ok I'll wait.

Sprint Store - Uh.....Hummmm...Well......the guy "In the Back" says he knows nothing about this and here is your phone. Thanks for comming in and can we interest you in an upgrade for an additional 2-Year Contract Extention???

The End.......

Jack Nicklaus
Old 12-14-2006, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharklvr7

You - Hello, I am having a few issues with my phone and I was told there is an update that you can install.

Sprint Store - Uh.....Hummm....Well......we really dont know what you are talking about, let me get "The Guy" in the back to check on it.

Sprint Store - Uh....Hummmm...Well....we really busy today servicing our new customer and really dont have time for you.....

You - Ok I'll wait.

Sprint Store - Uh.....Hummmm...Well......the guy "In the Back" says he knows nothing about this and here is your phone. Thanks for comming in and can we interest you in an upgrade for an additional 2-Year Contract Extention???

The End.......
Ive seen that sitcom before
Old 12-14-2006, 09:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

mohamie is a n00b
i updated prl. then called few days later to get a dropped call credit.
system was still trying to prl update me even though i verified my phone
took the prl update.

i called level 2 tech support, she said she removed the update. 12 hours
later i called back in for a dropped call and it still was trying to update me.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

wouldya is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treo_newb
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharklvr7

You - Ok I'll wait.

The End.......
Ive seen that sitcom before
You forgot the part about the customer pacing through the store for 25 minutes (at least) browsing through phones that (s)he has no intention to buy, while the "tech" logs onto PPCGeeks.com to check for info on the latest update.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Lurker

700wxUser is a n00b
Here's the latest firmware/PRL info for the 700wx:

PRL: 20225

Firmware: Treo700WX-1.14-SPNT
Date: 27-Nov-06
FOTA Capable?: No
Notes: This SD Updater build resolves a Message Encoding issue. This update allows inter-carrier messages to be sent and 160 character messages are properly received.

So, apparently, it is the same as the 1.13 firmware with the SMS patch installed.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hannip is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to hannip
So hmm, why isn't this update available for everyone? Has anyone had Sprint install this for them? Does it really say Treo700WX-1.14-SPNT in the system settings?
Old 12-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Lurker

700wxUser is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannip
So hmm, why isn't this update available for everyone? Has anyone had Sprint install this for them? Does it really say Treo700WX-1.14-SPNT in the system settings?
Should be in the stores, afaik. BTW, I work for Sprint Nextel (not in retail, though) and, yes, it really says Treo700WX-1.14-SPNT.

Also, before anyone asks, I generally don't have any insider info...at least, none that I can give out

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX