PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmannyc
I wish they would come out with a "backupman" type app for wm5 that would allow you to restore only certain files, one by one. That would be super
Sprite does have a selective restore. I'm not sure if it's file by file, but I noticed the option the other day when I restored after a hard reset...
I will check, but I'm pretty sure they're divided by "groups," not "files." I will re-install and check this though, thanks!
Old 03-15-2007, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Juslisten is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr
Quote:
I wish they would come out with a "backupman" type app for wm5 that would allow you to restore only certain files, one by one. That would be super
Sprite does have a selective restore. I'm not sure if it's file by file, but I noticed the option the other day when I restored after a hard reset...
I will check, but I'm pretty sure they're divided by "groups," not "files." I will re-install and check this though, thanks!

Was this ever confirmed because if it was it will save me alot of time with having to try and reinstall certain files.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Lurker

ppclover is a n00b
I am a Sprite Backup user too

From my knowledge base, Sprite Backup is able to perform a selective restore and also you should be able to restore some certain files when the restore page pop up on your device. What you need is just find which files you want to restore to your device and then uncheck the rest files. After that initiate the restore process then you will get your files back
Old 03-16-2007, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

crazie.eddie is just getting started
I've used Sprite Backup for several years. I first used it with my iPag H555 about 4 years ago. I didn't even know we had Sprite on our CD. I originally bought Sprite Backup from Handango, so their records showed I was still eligeable for an upgrade, at a lower cost, which I went ahead and bought.

Anyways, in regards to selective restore, it is able to. I've restored only personal files and even individual files previously. I've also recently restored Personal Databases, due to a harware reset, and had no problems.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

doctorbonez is a n00b
I had to hard reset yesterday, away from my computer because it kept on hanging right after startup.. I used sprite backup and while it restored all of my programs, it didn't restore any of my data (ie: calandar, contacts, textmessages, email settings).. any idea what i did wrong?

im using the sprite version for the sprint 700wx if that matters..
Old 03-16-2007, 01:50 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorbonez
I had to hard reset yesterday, away from my computer because it kept on hanging right after startup.. I used sprite backup and while it restored all of my programs, it didn't restore any of my data (ie: calandar, contacts, textmessages, email settings).. any idea what i did wrong?

im using the sprite version for the sprint 700wx if that matters..
Did you have those files checked when you did the backup? Did you have them selected to be restored?

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 03-20-2007, 08:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Juslisten is a n00b
After restoring a selected date has anyone had the message of having to ok the running of svl.dll I always select yes because I know I selected no one time & I had to do a hard reset. Just wondering as to why I get this message sometimes.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:58 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I've had that witth a couple of DLLs and EXE files, I think it's because Sprite restores/overwrites these files and you need to re-approve them like you did when you installed it originally.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX