PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 02:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Palm Pre Apps

I was trying to find an online list of Pre apps to get an idea of what was available and found this. It has shots and descriptions of at least some of them.

http://palm.preapplications.net/
Old 06-09-2009, 03:10 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
I was trying to find an online list of Pre apps to get an idea of what was available and found this. It has shots and descriptions of at least some of them.

http://palm.preapplications.net/
Looking over these, my initial reaction is that they look like a bunch of iPhone widgety style apps without very much substance. Hoping this is not the case.

*edit* Can anyone that has the phone comment on the typical cost of some of these? Actually, it looks like a lot of these are stock apps, and not from the app store?

*edit* I can't seem to find a comprehensive list of the apps anywhere. I just read that they are all currently free apps though. Can anyone confirm that?

Last edited by Drybonz; 06-09-2009 at 03:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

defamed01 is keeping up the good workdefamed01 is keeping up the good work

Actually Drybonz, they are a mixture of apps available in the App Catalog and stock apps. They are pretty much just widget style apps so far, but I wouldn't say they lack substance. I did find the AccuWeather and Fandango apps pretty useful, and I like the option of being able to view a trailer for any movie for Fandango. They are all free at the moment, like Connect 4, but none of the apps I've seen list how long the trials last.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro, Palm Pre

K & M Computers is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to K & M Computers

Sprint has stated that no application will be over $5.00
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:23 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by defamed01 View Post
but none of the apps I've seen list how long the trials last.
Ah... ok. They are trials, not free.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:40 AM
VIP Member

http://www.palm.com/us/products/phon...lications.html
Old 06-10-2009, 08:09 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Ah... ok. They are trials, not free.
if that's true i see why sprint is pushing this device so hard and because of phones like this is the reason i love my winmo
Old 06-10-2009, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hitatchi-G1000(every Good phone)Touch+Treo 800W+(iphone3G)+Diamond+Touch Pro+(PRE)+TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carrier: Had to try the IP3G=Now Sprint for life!!

rell0202 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rell0202 Send a message via MSN to rell0202 Send a message via Yahoo to rell0202

Ha look guys stop picking on things! the damn phone just came out give it some time! soon it will have as much as the iphone has we will soon have something like jail break for the pre its inevitable I love this phone and i am never leaving sprint again and I left ounce to get the iphone3G and came back the muti-tasking you can do with this phone is Superior to NONE! And trust me I know! I was doing like 5 things at ounce and the phone didnt even flinch! NOW i never expericed this yet but i heard with the treo pro u can be online and talk at the same time? Now if this phone was able to talk and be on sprint Nav or Online all at the same time!!! Now that would be UNBEATABLE!!
Old 06-10-2009, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rell0202 View Post
Ha look guys stop picking on things! the damn phone just came out give it some time!
What are you talking about? I don't see a single post in this entire thread that is criticizing anything about the phone?!?!?

I would like some more information on the apps/app store, as I am trying to make a decision on purchasing one. So since you own and are in love with the phone here is your chance to offer up some substantive information in support of it. Hook it up.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_dano View Post
There are reviews in the App store. If you don;t have a Pre and want to know about the apps then freaken get one!
That seems kinda out of left field....I hope they come out with some great apps, competition is good I think I am going to the Sprint store later on to play with this sucker, I am just curious since everyone is talking about it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre