PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 05:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM 23064 build Final

This new version is called WM7 Blue and WM7 Black. It is a little heavier than usual because of some of the itmes I have left in for more finger friendly access. This ROM is built with the SYS and XIP of 23064 which is the latest release of WM6.5.

I would like to thank the following people for helping me with my Roms:
Adrynalyne
bga7x
hartv427
Noonski

Please remember that you flash at your own risk and I am not responsible for any bad things that happen to your device.

How to flash:
You must flash to the CF03 ROM before flashing to this ROM.

Then:
Use UMDL and click on the PDA button. Browse to the location where you placed the bin file and click on open. The file will load. Once it is loaded click on Detect. Now turn your device off by holding the power button until you see the shutdown gif. Once your device is shutdown plug it in to your pc. Now turn your device back on by pressing and holding the power button. UMDL should detect your device and start loading the new ROM on to your device.

10-9-09: SYS and XIP updated to 23064, fixed appointment creation screen, new soft key buttons in black version.

10-4-09: New black version using m.carrolls PureBlackV3, New Autocalllocker version, LG Incite keyboard, fixed CLinks panel name, contacts from 23414, modded TM carbon dialer for black version.

9-27-09: Updated SYS and XIP to 23053, updated SkyFire, updated CLauncher to .25, added GPS Radar to Titanium Weather, added AutoCallLocker by JohKarJes, added Samsung SDK, cleaned up Neo Theme, new blue theme by Jeffrey2000, used LZX compression in WoZZer kitchen.

9-7-09:Initial release

Items in the ROM:
Advanced Config 3.3
All in one Comm Manager/Wifi Router ported by Sector
Apptodate
Autocalllocker by JohKarJes
Bing
Black Power Calc
Black Keyboard
Black Easy Settings
Black FMRadio
Bluetooth Icon broker
Default IM (input selector)
Esmertec JBed Java
GPS Radar
HTC dlls
Kinetic scrolling
Mortscrip
My Phone
Neo Titanium Panels - ATContacts, CClock, CHome, CLauncher, COpera, CLinks, COffice, CAppointments, TitaniumWeather, CMusic, Cpictures
Personalizer
PIM backup
PSShutXP
Samsung SDK
Samsung Volume control with ExilHHBlueMeta theme by Krazy Radd
SD card Tuneup
SDK Certs
Showaco CHome Editor
Showaco Restart
Showcase Task Manager
SkyFire
Spb Screenshot
Thumbcal with modded theme
XDA_UC
WM7 theme by Jeffery2000 (modded by me)

Removed:
All cursors except the standard arrow
Security check
Screen Calibration
Theme Editor
Large Display (icon still shows in settings but will not work)
Business Card Reader
Connected Home
Digital Frame
Infrared Drivers
Main Menu
Media Album
Non English Keyboards
Phonebook
Photo Slides
Podcasts
RSS
Samsung Dialer
Samsung Today 1
Shozu
Smart Reader
Testing exes (there are a bunch of testing items in this ROM due to its beta status, those are removed)
Text Messsage Retry
Touch Player
Transcriber
Video Editor
Visual Voice Mail
Welcome Center (completely removed and screen alignment preset, you may need to tap the start menu button to get the today screen to load)
Widgets
Windows Update
Zoomer
And more...

User Customization:

My ROM uses a user customization tool called XDA_UC created by Noonski. It will allow you to place your theme, tweaks, cabs and other files on your storage card and have them installed automatically after a flash or hard reset. To get a better idea of what I am talking about please see this thread over at XDA-Developers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=3611692

These files will need to be put in a folder in the root of your storage card. The folder is called XDA_UC.

For your theme to be used you will need to rename it to My.tsk and place it in the XDA_UC folder. Then on first boot your theme will be used.

Cab file installation. If you want cabs to be installed to device memory the place them in the XDA_UC folder. These cabs will be installed silently and need no user interaction. If you want a cab file to be installed to your Storage card or My Storage then you will need to place cab file in XDA_UC/SD. Any cab files in this folder will auto launch but will ask you where to install them. After installation you will need to tap on OK and the next cab file installation will start.

Reg tweaks that you put in will need contain the following line at the top of the file "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00", a line space must be included at the end of the file. If you look at the XDA-Devlopers thread I linked above you will see more information about this.

Now that I have done this there are some changes to the startup procedure. Please note the changes so you do not have issues.

You no longer need to tap on the start menu to have the ROM finish loading. This will be done automatically for you. Wait for about 30 seconds or so and you will see a customization popup that will let you know that customization is starting. You can tap on the countdown number to start or just let it count down. This will install any items that you have in the XDA_UC folder.

If you have no XDA_UC folder you will still see the customization popup. Tap on the countdown or let it finish. It will finish installation of the items I have placed in the ROM.

Once this has finished a popup screen will appear letting you know that the customizations have finished. OK out of this screen and your device will soft reset to complete all installations.

Version 1 notes:
Like all newer versions of Windows Phone the OK/Close is broken in the Phone settings screen. You can slave a hard button to OK/Close or soft reset after changing your settings.

Known issues:

Please let me know if you have any problems.
Black Version:
http://www.4shared.com/file/13966975...lack23064.html

Blue Version:
http://www.4shared.com/file/13967349...Blue23064.html

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM 23064 build Final

All,
I've archived a boat load of posts from this thread in an general housecleaning effort. This archiving process does not change your post count or thanks.

If something needs to be returned to this thread let me know via pm.

late,
Coz
Old 12-14-2009, 12:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

dnamey is a n00b

Is there ANY way to update the GPS Weather Radar that is cooked in BW's rom to the latest version (2.204) ??????

Or am I stuck with the old GPS radar 2.101 that has a 1 hour delay bug in the displayed radar image........... Can anyone help
Old 12-14-2009, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

Is there any way to change the default location that CMYPHOTOs open ups too. Currently my photos opens up to My Pictures in My Device but id like it to open up in my storage card. Id like to be able to scroll through my photos in the today screen like I am able to with the MY FAV PEOPLE
Old 12-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dell Venue Pro
Carrier: T-mobile

zigg is a n00b

Need to know about carrier accessibility; will this work on Telus or do I need a carrier cab?
Old 12-14-2009, 07:49 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnamey View Post
Is there ANY way to update the GPS Weather Radar that is cooked in BW's rom to the latest version (2.204) ??????

Or am I stuck with the old GPS radar 2.101 that has a 1 hour delay bug in the displayed radar image........... Can anyone help
Hmm, I'll see about adding this to the next version. You should be able to update it already though just by following the update procedures.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee83 View Post
Is there any way to change the default location that CMYPHOTOs open ups too. Currently my photos opens up to My Pictures in My Device but id like it to open up in my storage card. Id like to be able to scroll through my photos in the today screen like I am able to with the MY FAV PEOPLE
I know several have tried but no one has found a way to make it work every time.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:51 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigg View Post
Need to know about carrier accessibility; will this work on Telus or do I need a carrier cab?
This ROM will not work on your device. Nor will any ROM built for Verizon. Please do not install on your device unless you are willing to break it.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
I know several have tried but no one has found a way to make it work every time.
thanks for the great rom Blazing
Old 12-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

dnamey is a n00b

Thanks BW, I've notice you've been on hiatus <grin>. I've had this rom installed for quite some time. Just installed the multiplugin and got everything tweaked in the cpr.Its a great set of ingrediants you cooked in, many thanks .
Tried to install the 2.04 ver of GPS Weather Radar (time bug fixed) but it just installs to the start menu. It does not update the version cooked into the titanium panel.
If you do get some time (holidays are a blur now, I know) an update to this great rom would be greatly appreciated.

btw my son wants a moto droid for xmas, how you likeing yours as compared to Omni??
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development