PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Phone Marketplace is Live!

I'm on STX rom for the Diamond, and it came pre-loaded as an icon in the start menu. I clicked it after reading the story this morning, and it installed right away.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: ATT

balend is becoming a great contributor
Windows Mobile Marketplace has 173 apps so far in the US

Windows Marketplace went live earlier than launch day, but the number of apps has been a disappointment. Microsoft said 600 apps at initial launch and so far has only 173. The apps are increasing steadily, so we should see a lot more by tomorrow.

http://techkritik.com/2009/10/05/mar...e-6-5-is-live/
Old 10-05-2009, 05:24 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Windows Marketplace Cab Extracted!

Look what we’ve found, a working CAB of Windows Marketplace for WM6.1! Do the guys at XDA-developers work quickly or what? Although there were reports of Marketplace not being available for WM6.1 for another month or so, it appears that won’t be a problem anymore. Simply install the CAB from XDA-developers, click on Marketplace from programs, go through the installation process and then you’re good to go. To confirm it works fully, I went ahead and signed in with my Windows Live ID and downloaded/installed a free program (on a Touch Pro2). Enjoy!

Note: This will work for those who are having trouble with WM6.5 installations as well.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:27 PM

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Marketplace Security Cracked In Minutes

Marketplace officially goes live tomorrow (even though it’s live today) but Chainfire tested out the security and to his surprise it took a mere 5 minutes to bypass the copyright security, thus letting him exchange ‘secure’ apps with anyone. He has not shared the method (which we would not share if it were disclosed) but he stated the following:
What it all comes down to is that there is no copy protection, not even at the advanced level, at least if they implement it in the way I interpret from reading that document.
So today I started up Marketplace and it worked. Hurrah. The current level of protection is making sure the CAB files are deleted upon install – which is obviously not a way to protect anything – but even this, I thought, should easily be circumventable.
Now, because I wanted to see how fast it could be done, I went with a hunch instead of doing any investigation. And that hunch worked like charm. It took me less than five minutes to circumvent this "protection", and get the ability to save the CABs the MarketPlace app downloads to a different folder. As the CAB file is the same for every downloader, you could just give this CAB you paid for out to all your friends.
Obviously I will not disclose the method, because that would be working against other commercial developers, and ultimately myself. It’s just to let you know how ridiculously easy it is, and to give fair warning to those looking to sell apps on the Marketplace.
So, the moral of the story is… WTF MICROSOFT?
I know firsthand there is no such thing as perfect copy protection, but this is just plain ridiculous.
What we really need is for apps to be able to use our own copy protection schemes… you know, like the good web-based app stores out there.

We’ll all see where this goes together…

http://www.fuzemobility.com/marketpl...ed-in-minutes/
Old 10-05-2009, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

mrbook is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mrbook Send a message via Yahoo to mrbook
Re: Windows Marketplace Cab Extracted!

Tried on my phone same issues on the energy rom, going to flash now to another rom since just got home.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

triniracerr34 is a n00b
Re: Windows Marketplace Cab Extracted!

same thing for me...im on energy rom adn it says server error
Old 10-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Multiple threads merged.

late,
Coz
Old 10-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

I just installed it about 3 hours ago and I just went on again right now and it told me there was an update. I wonder what it's for.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp, tp2 and mytouch
Carrier: sprint, tmobile, tmobile

blueaudi18 is a n00b

app store itself is pretty cool but the prices is crazy high. almost every game in the game section is 19.99
Old 10-05-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
Multiple threads merged.

late,
Coz
oh haha! when i seen my threads i was like wtf? lol

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives