PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Who Needs WM Marketplace?

I, for one, would really like it. But since Microsoft hasn’t made it available yet, I must settle for something else - The HandMarket App Store by HandMark!

The HandMarket Apps Store will bring a huge selection of free and paid apps and games along with more then 40,000 ringtones to your Windows Mobile powered device. And HandMark has a reputation for making that process simple, quick and fun.
Key Features are:
  • Every app is quality-tested for your Windows Mobile phone
  • Includes free, paid and subscription mobile applications including games, ringtones and apps.
  • Intuitive user-interface allows you to browse by most popular, featured and new releases
  • Drill-down by category or search to find the apps you want in an instant
  • Detailed product information including thumbnails, screen-shots, user-ratings and reviews.
  • Convenient payment methods including Visa, MasterCard and American Express, as well as carrier billing for Sprint, Alltel and AT&T customers.
  • Built-in locker allows you to store your payment information for one-click purchases; view and re-download purchased products and share your favorites with your friends.
  • Read in-depth user reviews and submit your own.
  • See collective user opinions at-a-glance by star rating.
  • Access to HandMarket Apps exclusive offers!
The HandMarket App store can be downloaded from HandMark here.
Source: WMPowerUser
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.

Last edited by mindfrost82; 08-06-2009 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Removed title in post
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

twistedfish is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to twistedfish
Re: Who Needs WM Marketplace?

I wonder if they are as controlling as Apple is with the AppStore. LOL
Old 08-05-2009, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

silex is a n00b

This is a start. Any word when we will see WM Marketplace?
Old 08-05-2009, 03:37 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The handmark store has only like 5 free things and their downloads take forever..
id rate it 6.5/10. Hopefully MS can do better than that
Old 08-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Maybe its just me but I couldnt possibly care less about the WM Marketplace. But i generally research my applications that I pay for on my on pretty extensivly here, xda and wherever. And going to get them after that is easy.

I guess if it will bring down app prices by giving dev's a cheap distribution channel then I am all for it. The AppStore has done this for the Iphone and if MS can pull that off I may care about it. We'll see.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900) dual boot Android
Carrier: Money Grabbin' Verizon

inertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to inertone

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
Maybe its just me but I couldnt possibly care less about the WM Marketplace. But i generally research my applications that I pay for on my on pretty extensivly here, xda and wherever. And going to get them after that is easy....
i totally agree with you!
i also research the apps i install
im a bit iffy about this store app...
Old 08-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
Maybe its just me but I couldnt possibly care less about the WM Marketplace. But i generally research my applications that I pay for on my on pretty extensivly here, xda and wherever. And going to get them after that is easy.

I guess if it will bring down app prices by giving dev's a cheap distribution channel then I am all for it. The AppStore has done this for the Iphone and if MS can pull that off I may care about it. We'll see.
You know I thought the same thing.... I've owned Kinoma for a bit now but never dwelled into the little app store they have in there. I went in there the other day, and I must say, while the free apps were quite sparse (more than 5 though), it was NICE to be able to just open up a program, sort the apps for me, and download/install with a push.

Most of its crap, and expensive............. but, isn't that what the iphone store has? Lots and lots of crap....
Old 08-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

thefreeaccount2 is a n00b

It has exactly the same problem as the handango windows mobile store app - there's no way to download the trial or demo version of any of the applications. Windows mobile applications are much more expensive than their iphone or android counterparts; it's highly unlikely that many people will plop down $30 for a simple utility like a replacement home screen / program launcher without the opportunity to try it first.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: n/a

Charles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreeaccount2 View Post
It has exactly the same problem as the handango windows mobile store app - there's no way to download the trial or demo version of any of the applications.
Kinoma Play's App Store by MobiHand lets you download trial/demo versions of all apps that provide them. Along with screenshots, you can even watch demo videos right within the app.

http://blog.kinoma.com/2009/08/feature-focus-app-store/

There are 36 free apps available as I type this. Unlike the Handango store, you don't need a MobiHand login to download free apps.

-- Charles Wiltgen
Old 08-11-2009, 03:54 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

I pretty much just use Kinoma...

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives