PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Specs released

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
I was excited about it ever since last year. I keep on waiting and waiting and waiting. Well I will be waiting still. LOL. That phone's data connection is 14Mbps. Amazing isn't it?

Oh wow, It just hits me. If they have a ROM for that, Maybe it's coming!
It has been renamed the HTC Max 4G http://www.htc.com/www/product/max4g/specification.html <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:07 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
It has been renamed the HTC Max 4G http://www.htc.com/www/product/max4g/specification.html <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
So that's what the people are talking about. WOW. I did not know they renamed it coz I'm still looking for t8290. LOL. Atleast we know now that it's out of Russian territory.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 08-06-2009, 01:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond and TouchPro 2

CeltREI is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg View Post
Some quick tidbits:

- No mention of the 3.5mm audio jack
- WM 6.1 - what gives?
- No camera flashlight/LED (in its place is a MUTE button-- which is in a horrible location. I can totally see myself hitting it while talking on the phone).
- Phone seems actually LARGER than the original Touch Pro (in every way). The screen is larger but so is the phone. This seems like a step backward.
- What is w/ that UGLY battery cover with the crevices/pits/holes that will get filled w/ junk from my pocket? Horrible design.

That said, I'm looking forward to trying it out myself...
What is up my fellow geeks!
So, now that I'm no longer working for Sprint, here is some inside info (not much more then ya all know, but hey)
My sup was one of the testers for the TP2, so I got to play with it a bit. The mute button IS very annoying, he has tapped it a few times while on a call, though not as much as you would think. And the fact that it means no more flashlight just urks me to hell.
I didn't check for it, but from what I remember there is no 3.5mm head jack, still the little mini-usb (I would have checked if I heard that other companies are getting it, but alas I didn't)
His was still running 6.1, though he said once 6.5 came out you could just download it much like the Touch with 6.0->6.1
The back part does indeed have those 'fantastic' (/sarcasm) holes, mainly for the speaker-phone part of the TP2.
The software/bloatware that was installed is just about the same from the TP, the only things I noticed were it had a tab on the TF3d for most of it's Sprint products, SprintNAV, Sprint Music Store and something else, I can't remember what it was... maybe Nascar mobile or nfl mobile.
The TF3D was extremely fast, it would fly across when swiping my finger left or right, and the transition from portrait to landscape was very nice. It would change in less than a second normally, even while in Opera.
Well, that is all I remember from that. I'm looking forward to it being released and just flashing over a 6.5 rom to it anyways. I view it as a better TP (screen, slider at bottom, and keyboard. Most everything else is equal or below TP)

Cheers,
-Celt
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:48 PM
╚════════════════╝

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltREI View Post
So, now that I'm no longer working for Sprint, here is some inside info (not much more then ya all know, but hey)
My sup was one of the testers for the TP2, so I got to play with it a bit. The mute button IS very annoying, he has tapped it a few times while on a call, though not as much as you would think. And the fact that it means no more flashlight just urks me to hell.
I didn't check for it, but from what I remember there is no 3.5mm head jack, still the little mini-usb (I would have checked if I heard that other companies are getting it, but alas I didn't)
His was still running 6.1, though he said once 6.5 came out you could just download it much like the Touch with 6.0->6.1
The back part does indeed have those 'fantastic' (/sarcasm) holes, mainly for the speaker-phone part of the TP2.
The software/bloatware that was installed is just about the same from the TP, the only things I noticed were it had a tab on the TF3d for most of it's Sprint products, SprintNAV, Sprint Music Store and something else, I can't remember what it was... maybe Nascar mobile or nfl mobile.
The TF3D was extremely fast, it would fly across when swiping my finger left or right, and the transition from portrait to landscape was very nice. It would change in less than a second normally, even while in Opera.
Well, that is all I remember from that. I'm looking forward to it being released and just flashing over a 6.5 rom to it anyways. I view it as a better TP (screen, slider at bottom, and keyboard. Most everything else is equal or below TP)

Cheers,
-Celt
Can U call ur sup and ask if it has 3.5mm jack?
Old 08-06-2009, 01:58 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
Can U call ur sup and ask if it has 3.5mm jack?
LOL! I second this idea =D>

Old 08-06-2009, 01:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Back to the Mogul

blackspidey08 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to blackspidey08

The HTC Hero is one of the best phones Ive ever seen! I sold some from the recent UK release on July 31st and it has to be the best looking, easier and feature rich phone to date, past the iphone for sure. I might be bias towards HTC but I can give the iphone props when necessary. Hero is gonna be a hit on the Sprint Network guaranteed.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Back to the Mogul

blackspidey08 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to blackspidey08

One concern: If the TP2 doesn't have a frontfacing camera (to use with mobile Skype), Im gonna lose my mind!! If not the TP2, The Hero better have one!!!! I thought the TP or the Diamond would have one but NOPE! No luck. That phone would be COMPLETE for me if it has a front facing camera (GPS, FF cam, beautiful keyboard, large screen, AND a world phone???!).
Old 08-06-2009, 02:03 PM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltREI View Post

Cheers,
-Celt
Nothing really says info from an insider coz anybody can claim those claims. Except if ur certain with the 3.5mm jack and U have pics. Aside from that, U just gathered a handful of skeptics. And another question, What else didn't U check and what else U don't remember?

Last edited by jethro_static; 08-06-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The TP2 is going to run the qualcomm 7200a. Isnt that from the TyTn II and therefore a huge upgrade from the 7201a?
Old 08-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackspidey08 View Post
One concern: If the TP2 doesn't have a frontfacing camera (to use with mobile Skype), Im gonna lose my mind!! If not the TP2, The Hero better have one!!!! I thought the TP or the Diamond would have one but NOPE! No luck. That phone would be COMPLETE for me if it has a front facing camera (GPS, FF cam, beautiful keyboard, large screen, AND a world phone???!).
I think they have already said it doesn't have the front facing camera, on the pictures you can see it does not as well.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives