PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD
Carrier: Sprint

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to brol1k
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Specs released

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Yeah I had hoped the details would be more specific but they are not, does say it has WM 6.1 so I think that kills the rumor on WM 6.5, but yeah there is no doubt it is coming to Sprint. No Specs on the HTC Hero for Sprint as of yet.
HMm tsowen, according to this link, says hero should be available ina few months

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/31/h...1th-to-sprint/
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 08-05-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dOOfus is just getting started

What's with the ugly battery cover?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Yeah the Specs sheet wasn't as detailed as some of the other phones listed nor was a picture posted of the phone either. Who knows what Sprint is planning with this device. One thing is I hope the change the battery cover. I would much preffer the original over Sprints so called innovative design.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
HMm tsowen, according to this link, says hero should be available ina few months

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/31/h...1th-to-sprint/
Yeah I have seen that. I meant on the sprint developer site there is nothing listed for "Official Specs"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

triggerman53 is keeping up the good worktriggerman53 is keeping up the good work

I can c them leaving out the same three year old RAM,CPU,and old boring usb headphone jack and charger(the things that don't set it apart from the previous gen. Devices)but I don't think they would leave out the fact that there's a faster pocesser are 3.5mm headphone jack in it(things that can set it apart).We can hope for the best though.

Last edited by triggerman53; 08-05-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:49 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Looking good. I like the back cover design but the only thing is, it's rounded.I can use this phone for "truth or dare" instead of a bottle. But overall, I'm ready for this.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835

Last edited by jethro_static; 08-05-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

booooooooooooo! Same Pro specs same crippled 3d hardware! BOOOOO!!!!! aND WM 6.1 bOOOOOO111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 03:56 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
booooooooooooo! Same Pro specs same crippled 3d hardware! BOOOOO!!!!! aND WM 6.1 bOOOOOO111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's ok. Atleast we have a bigger screen. Just look at it as a bigger TP with all the strengths and weaknesses.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Tuffgong4 is keeping up the good workTuffgong4 is keeping up the good work

I have been fighting between a Touch Pro 2, Diamond 2 and Hero for sprint (haven't heard any rumors about the diamond 2 though) and am very sad that the inside hardware doesn't seem to have been upgraded at all.

I may see what Samsung has on the horizon for Android phones...possibly even thinking about a Pre.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

djpsyco is keeping up the good workdjpsyco is keeping up the good work

The Telus version has been out for a week. I went to the store to touch it and feel it and I must admit that i'm pretty disapointed. I love my diamond because it's a WM PDA and it's small. I was expecting someting more like the TP, but a little thinner. Finnally I found it big and heavy. I could probably use it as a weapon if i'm attacked by a burglar.

I think i'll keep my Diamond and hope for the Diamond 2 to be smaller and thinner.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives