PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21
Windows Marketplace to ship with 600 Apps!

Back in April we reported that more than 25 mobile developers had signed on to deliver apps on Windows Mobile Marketplace. Now we’re receiving word (via an interview with Audrey Zolghadr, Windows Mobile Product Manager at Microsoft France) that 600 applications will be certified and available for download at launch. According to Audrey, there are currently 20,000 Windows Mobile applications available today.

Go here to read the full article..
http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/...ions-20090630/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

twistedfish is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to twistedfish
Re: Windows Marketplace to ship with 600 Apps!

I wonder what they are requiring to "certify" an application.

I would love to see this spank Apple, not because I am anti Apple simply because I love my Windows based phones!
Old 06-30-2009, 08:54 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hopefully this isnt like vzw's "app store"
Old 06-30-2009, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

verizon has an app store?! Or are you talking about the RIM version released with/for the storm?
Old 06-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

why would you want to go there when you have zillions of free apps here and on xda? love the free apps for my phone. a friend of mine has a blackberry and i talk to him about like 10 different apps i use on my phone FOR FREE and he is like i have 2 or 3 because i cant find many free ones.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kyocera 7135 < Blackberry 8250 < 6700 < 6800 < 6850
Carrier: Alltel

vestaviajag is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vestaviajag

i hope that finally the apps for WM can compete with Apple's. And I'm not talking about functionality, although kicking around these forums many people want apps "like ones they've seen for the iPhone", but also aesthetics. Everyone here I can bet, all think WM phones are superior, but the apps are ugly and not as much fun as the iPhone apps they are supposed to compete against.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:53 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

theyre probably makin it so all the apps are in one place and hopefully since microsofts in on it theyll look better
Old 06-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

zero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to zero157h7 Send a message via AIM to zero157h7 Send a message via MSN to zero157h7 Send a message via Yahoo to zero157h7 Send a message via Skype™ to zero157h7

I saw one post on a site that said only 600. Weird how some want to type it differently to try and degrade it. I was happy about 600.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero157h7 View Post
I saw one post on a site that said only 600. Weird how some want to type it differently to try and degrade it. I was happy about 600.
haha, 600 is alot, and I'm sure it will grow really fast.
From what I've read the pre's appstore had like 10 and blackberry's one appstore sucked. haha.

Also, since microsoft is in on it now,
I'm sure there will be more and more apps that companies make for WM instead of the Iphone.
Just you wait and see, I predict it!
Old 06-30-2009, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to bboyneko

i hope all 600 are fart apps

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives