PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 08:19 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
128GB Sandisk MicroSD ready in 2011

Sandisk is developing a 128GB MicroSDtobe released in 2011. It's an awesome idea but in 2011, I don't think this is "that huge" anymore. If 128gb MicroSD can be done in 2011, A flash memory prolly be go as high as 500GB to 1TB. Give it to us now and this thing will be mind bending. LOL

SanDisk developing 128 GB storage card for the mobilesBangalore, dhns: SanDisk Corporation, the inventor of flash storage cards, is a vertically integrated manufacturer starting from research, manufacturing and product design to consumer branding and retail distribution.Imagine the day when the mobile phone in your hand will become a virtual storehouse for videos, pictures, music and data. Days are not far when mobile phones will have expandable storage card with 128 GB (giga bites) capacity that will be able to hold 134 full-length Indian movies, close to 20,000 high resolution photos and 16,000 songs, or the same in any other combinations. SanDisk, one of global leaders in flash storage cards is developing a 128 GB microSD card for mobiles that will be ready by 2011. At present, the highest capacity in a microSD card is 8 GB.
Talking to Deccan Herald, Chief Operating Officer and one of the founders of US-based SanDisk Sanjay Mehrotra said “The tiny thumb-nail-size micro card will have storage capacity equal to today’s PCs. That is the power of digital flash memory which is faster, smaller and needs less power to operate.” On Thursday, Mr Mehrotra was in Bangalore which is the home for SanDisk’s India device design centre working on designing of flash memory chips and its controllers.
SanDisk Corporation, the inventor of flash storage cards, is a vertically integrated manufacturer starting from research, manufacturing and product design to consumer branding and retail distribution. Its product portfolio includes flash memory cards for mobile phones, digital cameras and camcorders; digital audio/video players (MP3 players); USB flash drives for consumers and the enterprise; embedded memory for mobile devices; and solid state drives for computers.

This picture is just a mockup! So no stupid "fake" Or "photo shopped"comments pls.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835

Last edited by jethro_static; 10-19-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Re: 128GB Sandisk MicroSD ready in 2011

good. i've been waiting for this for a while now. i'm tired of using my PC.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 10-20-2008, 07:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

0wolfe is a n00b

LOL thats freaking funny....128 gig i think i have a 150g raptor and a 75g raptor on my PC...
Old 10-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

I'd fill that entire card up wit music lol
Old 10-20-2008, 08:08 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

that is to sexy

Old 10-20-2008, 08:14 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesjoey View Post
I'd fill that entire card up wit music lol
U need more than music with that size. LOL U need something like this: 134 full-length Indian movies, close to 20,000 high resolution photos and 16,000 songs, or the same in any other combinations
Old 10-21-2008, 07:08 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

I like how Malatesta from WMExperts sums it up in his article:http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/12...omingin_2.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta from wmexperts.com
Sure 16GB microSDs are just launching now, but why not plan for the future? Like the way, way future.

Sandisk said that they are working and planning on launching a whopping 128GB version but not for another 3 years.

Which begs all sorts of questions like:

* Will microSD actually be relevant in 2011?
* What the heck will the mobile industry even look like in 2011?
* Why tease us so?

Well hey, best of luck to you Sandisk. If I'm still alive in 3 years, I look forward to porting my giant collection of NSFW materials to my WM8 device.s
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Sounds too good to be true... Ahead of it's time, but 32 and 64GB cards haven't been out yet, but I hope this is worth the 3 year anticipation. If this actually happens, I'll fill it up with (as Bill Hicks said) Ad-ult Features galore.

I have 2 16GB cards that have already been filled to capacity, and I'm not yet satisfied. I want more... MORE!
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-

Last edited by blasphemous_prime; 10-21-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:35 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

The thing is, Whatever media we will be using in 2011, Fasho we have atleast 128 gigs of storage. yo brotherman prime, U got 16gig MicroSD U don't need? throw it my way. LOL.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Those things alone are pretty expensive, but once their price drops, I'll consider.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives