PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SonyEricsson X1 Xperia coming to AT&T

way better looking.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:34 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

ehh, it looks alrgiht :-\ my pro looks better than the phone in that picture. maybe thats an old picture though lol

and whats with the smiley button? thats a waste of a button lol.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

haha. never saw that button.

all im sayin is u can compare tech details, but watch a video of each of them. the x1 is way faster. and like i said, its made by htc so it cant suck. i just think that htc makes sweet phones and this the one imagonnaget.

i have havent been thrilled by the TP since it announcement. so i may be biased. no matter which one i get i still lose my priceless scroll wheel
Old 11-03-2008, 05:44 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

well, by the specs the phones both have their downfalls and their excellent points. but overall i think the touch pro wins. they both look great, but the touch pro wins with its by far better keyboard. sure the wvga screen on the xperia looks nice. but i don't see that it would be that great of an improvement. not to mention as of right now, it probably wont come to sprint. so you'd be locked to AT&T's "3G" network. while thats and ok network if your in it, i have to many friends with the iphone that are suffering on their 3G network when they should have coverage but it just doesnt work. I havent seen anyone else with a 3G phone, but those iphone friends of mine arent verry happy with the network, so i wouldnt put too much faith in that at all. i guess its just up to what your preference is really lol.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
well, by the specs the phones both have their downfalls and their excellent points. but overall i think the touch pro wins. they both look great, but the touch pro wins with its by far better keyboard. sure the wvga screen on the xperia looks nice. but i don't see that it would be that great of an improvement. not to mention as of right now, it probably wont come to sprint. so you'd be locked to AT&T's "3G" network. while thats and ok network if your in it, i have to many friends with the iphone that are suffering on their 3G network when they should have coverage but it just doesnt work. I havent seen anyone else with a 3G phone, but those iphone friends of mine arent verry happy with the network, so i wouldnt put too much faith in that at all. i guess its just up to what your preference is really lol.
agreed. being on att may be the only thing that prevents me from getting this phone. their '3g' coverage map is ****. the only thing i like about att is that they still use simm cards. meaning you can use any network compatible unlocked phone.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:36 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

I guess everyone has the right to defend evey inch of their device. Noone is taking that away from U. but defending ur device does not necesarily means that the ur device is better. It is always user preference.
Well anyways, Pocketnow which is one of the most respected Mobile device site has a detailed review on the Xperia. it's a great review and they really give the experia a huge thumbs up. According to them, Xperia is the best WM phone that ever pas*sed their desk. I think that is a huge claim if Xperia does not live to it's performance.
IMO, Xperia is a great device to have. Why? because of it's big brother. The Mighty Touch HD. Since they have the same resolution, Whatever U put on the HD will work on the Xperia. Very nice to have a Brother device like that. U will not be alone in the WVGA world.

Conclusion from the review:

OVERALL IMPRESSION
This is the best Windows Mobile device that has ever p***** my desk. Period. Sony Ericsson was right by declaring it a “game changer” - this has raised the bar, and if the Panel interface takes off and we see a lot of neat Panels, the X1 could become a benchmark mobile device.
Not only is the X1 refined from top to bottom, but it brings a new interface paradigm that challenges our idea of what a Windows Mobile Today screen should be. I was super impressed by its high performance and excellent battery life, and was refreshed by the sensitivity and clarity of the high-resolution touchscreen. If you’re big on one-handed use, this device is not for you. But for everyone else who desire a powerhouse of a device, this is definitely it.

Read the Full review:
http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a...eviews&id=1107

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 11-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

i didnt even know other people out there thought so highly of this device. i just read all the specs, watcha bunch of vids, lots of pic and can tell this thing is gonna rock. it is way faster then the TP in all the videos ive seen. It looks like its the best made WM phone yet. I think it will not have as much xda-dev support, and there isnt that much wvga support yet. but u bring upa good point that stuff on the touch HD will work well on the X1. It is a HTC phone, it is made very well, and I will be getting this phone over the diamond or TP.

i just hope that skype works on and and video calling works.

is it possible to get a ATT phone to work on other networks?
Old 11-03-2008, 09:05 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-tech View Post
i didnt even know other people out there thought so highly of this device. i just read all the specs, watcha bunch of vids, lots of pic and can tell this thing is gonna rock. it is way faster then the TP in all the videos ive seen. It looks like its the best made WM phone yet. I think it will not have as much xda-dev support, and there isnt that much wvga support yet. but u bring upa good point that stuff on the touch HD will work well on the X1. It is a HTC phone, it is made very well, and I will be getting this phone over the diamond or TP.

i just hope that skype works on and and video calling works.

is it possible to get a ATT phone to work on other networks?
GSM will work on any other GSM. anywhere in the world. The only problem with the Foreign GSM is if it did not have 850mhz network. So if buying GSM phone outside the country, U gotta look for that. 850mhz band is the band the U.S. use for 3G. So If U don't have that, U can't have 3G.

We see the TF3D on Xperia didn't we? So ,HD apps will definitely work.

it's the best WM phone the reviewer ever used. See, even though HTC made the phone, Sony still have the control for quality. Sony has a reputation to protect. We all know if it's sony, it must be good. LOL. The bravia, the Vaio, the cybershot, the Bluray, the PSP, the PS3. it's proven And xperia is their 1st WM. So wait till they get the hang of this game.

Last edited by jethro_static; 11-03-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

i love SE phones... but now i'm on sprint- couldn't pass up that SERO offer. and SE released a statement a long while back saying they won't support CDMA networks anymore...

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 11-04-2008, 11:10 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
i love SE phones... but now i'm on sprint- couldn't pass up that SERO offer. and SE released a statement a long while back saying they won't support CDMA networks anymore...
Oh boy. SO no chance at coming to Spriint or VZW huh.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives