PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Nvidia Tegra News, Updates and Latest Development watch

LOL! Tegra 2. Screw Tegra 1 then. It isn't even looking that amazing now with the Snapdragon and new Atom stuff coming down the line. I'll just stick with my TP2 or TD2 and/or get a Snapdragon based device and wait and see what happens with Tegra 2. I am still calling vaporware until I see a phone with a Tegra chip in it.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:56 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post
LOL! Tegra 2. Screw Tegra 1 then. It isn't even looking that amazing now with the Snapdragon and new Atom stuff coming down the line. I'll just stick with my TP2 or TD2 and/or get a Snapdragon based device and wait and see what happens with Tegra 2. I am still calling vaporware until I see a phone with a Tegra chip in it.
agreed totally

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 07-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

IMO there is ABSOLUTELY no comparison.

Tegra > snapdragon and atom in every category

neither can come even close in graphics or batterylife
Old 07-12-2009, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 View Post

I agree with sprinttouch666, based on the information Tegra has provided about it's processor, and if it hold true when it releases on a WM Phone it destroys Snapdragon and Atom in stats comparison
Old 07-12-2009, 09:00 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauske View Post
I agree with sprinttouch666, based on the information Tegra has provided about it's processor, and if it hold true when it releases on a WM Phone it destroys Snapdragon and Atom in stats comparison
I agree no doubt. The thing is thou, Snapdragon is out already and kicking some major @ss and Tegra has none. Nvidia is All talk.

Anyways, even the Nvidia CEO said that they saw snapdragon perform and they are not impressed. He added that right now, it's he's word against them. But consumers will find out that Tegra will beat Snapdragon in performance once it's out according to him. I don't even know if Nvidia CEO knows when it's coming out. LMAO!!!
Old 07-12-2009, 09:14 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Ok let's see. I'm big on screen sizes. So what U guys think is the best screen size a Tegra chip should have? We know that Superstar will have 3.6". That's about the same size as the TP2. I say, If they make it the same size as the TG01, I'll be very happy. I can make the most of the HD feature. Plus I do not need to carry my UMPC all the time coz I think 4.1" will be enough for me to surf the web comfortably. Lower than that will be small for me. How bout U guys?
Old 07-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would never buy a phone with over a 4" screen. That is the max for me. Even the 3.8" Touch HD is close to too big. My TP2 with the 3.6" screen is about perfect but a bit thick. I really wish the TD2 had the 3.6" screen also. What the heck where they thinking making it only 3.2"?

Why can no one make a perfect phone? All the pieces are there, 3.2"-4" screen, WiFi, Bluetooth, 5MP+ Camera with Flash, and the best chipset available (Atom, Tegra, Snapdragon, I don't care). Why can't that go into one phone that I can get where I live (Omnia 2 or the TG01 aren't available yet, but those are examples of perfect phones). Why make the TD2 with a 3.2" screen and 5MP camera and the TP2 with a 3.6" screen and 3.2MP camera?!?! Why not make them both 3.6" or 3.8" like the HD and both have the 5MP cameras? It boggles my mind at wondering who is running these companies...
Old 07-12-2009, 10:28 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Quote:
I would never buy a phone with over a 4" screen. That is the max for me. Even the 3.8" Touch HD is close to too big. My TP2 with the 3.6" screen is about perfect but a bit thick. I really wish the TD2 had the 3.6" screen also. What the heck where they thinking making it only 3.2"?

Why can no one make a perfect phone? All the pieces are there, 3.2"-4" screen, WiFi, Bluetooth, 5MP+ Camera with Flash, and the best chipset available (Atom, Tegra, Snapdragon, I don't care). Why can't that go into one phone that I can get where I live (Omnia 2 or the TG01 aren't available yet, but those are examples of perfect phones). Why make the TD2 with a 3.2" screen and 5MP camera and the TP2 with a 3.6" screen and 3.2MP camera?!?! Why not make them both 3.6" or 3.8" like the HD and both have the 5MP cameras? It boggles my mind at wondering who is running these companies...
hahahahah. It's like I give U this but I take this out kinda thing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800-> Diamond

freegood is a n00b

Quote:

I wish Omnia 2 would come out for Sprint. I like htc's software, but I'm getting sick of their shenanigans with hardware.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
I agree no doubt. The thing is thou, Snapdragon is out already and kicking some major @ss and Tegra has none. Nvidia is All talk.

Anyways, even the Nvidia CEO said that they saw snapdragon perform and they are not impressed. He added that right now, it's he's word against them. But consumers will find out that Tegra will beat Snapdragon in performance once it's out according to him. I don't even know if Nvidia CEO knows when it's coming out. LMAO!!!
Very true right now, and probably tell atleast Q4 09. all talk sadly

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives