PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphael and Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24710)

nmhusa 04-23-2008 09:52 PM

Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

Quote:

Originally Posted by chappy (Post 258154)
Slow and bloated how? What does the speed of the iPhone enable you to do that you can't do with a WM device?

After playing around with a couple of iphones lately, I have to say that in direct comparison to the Mogul with WM6.1, the iphone is no faster. Programs load at the same rate, only the difference is the flashy transitions are used instead of a revolving circle (WM6.1). The time taken to use the youtube app to load a video is immeasurably longer (even on wifi) than the time it takes to find and load said video on Mogul.

Slow and bloated ??? WM I think not.

All the iphone fanboys/girls have no clue.

djd8586 04-23-2008 10:01 PM

if it's new, im getting it!

TurboFool 04-23-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chappy (Post 258274)
Yeah, I'm mostly just in a bad mood and picked a fight on the internet.

Been there, done that more times than I wish to admit.

gbm85 04-24-2008 12:41 AM

I don't know why people are so concerned with having a higher megapixel camera. Megapixels only determine the size (resolution) of the picture. They have absolutely nothing to do with the quality. Picture quality is the product of a good sensor, good focus, the and absence of noise. They could bump it up to 12MP and still have no increase in quality.

As far as VGA is concerned, I hope it's not. 480x640 on a 2.8" screen would be impossible to use without increasing the text size, and that would defeat the whole purpose of the higher resolution.

remydakid 04-24-2008 12:47 AM

my mogul's days are defineately numbered

akijikan 04-24-2008 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbm85 (Post 258524)
I don't know why people are so concerned with having a higher megapixel camera. Megapixels only determine the size (resolution) of the picture. They have absolutely nothing to do with the quality. Picture quality is the product of a good sensor, good focus, the and absence of noise. They could bump it up to 12MP and still have no increase in quality.

As far as VGA is concerned, I hope it's not. 480x640 on a 2.8" screen would be impossible to use without increasing the text size, and that would defeat the whole purpose of the higher resolution.

I'm totally with you on the camera. Let's hope its auto-focus as we see on the tilt and not the fixed-focus of the mogul and most other cell phones.

But the font issue, I disagree. VGA is awesome, bring it on.

EtherealRemnant 04-24-2008 01:16 AM

There would have to be SOME bump in resolution for them to justify increasing the screen size... otherwise, what would be the point of outsourcing a custom panel?

Oh and you guys seriously think that the display is going to be VGA in terms of its color capacity? Keep in mind how many colors VGA brings......

SBR_L3GION 04-24-2008 01:16 AM

already starting to save for this phone. no touch for me maybe other people on the account but not me. this phone is for me.

Mkostera1 04-24-2008 01:28 AM

Cant wait for phones to drop but seriously what kinda name for a phone is Raphnel? lol

EtherealRemnant 04-24-2008 01:33 AM

It was a typo and its been bugging the crap out of me. Its RAPHAEL! *grr*