PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphael and Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24710)

RobNyc 04-24-2008 01:34 AM

Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

time to sell my touch lol

Mkostera1 04-24-2008 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant (Post 258569)
It was a typo and its been bugging the crap out of me. Its RAPHAEL! *grr*

Its all good, i still dont like the name "Raphael" for a phone though. Diamonds alot better of a name, i wasnt to big on the name "Mogul" either but thats just me

TurboFool 04-24-2008 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mkostera1 (Post 258582)
Its all good, i still dont like the name "Raphael" for a phone though. Diamonds alot better of a name, i wasnt to big on the name "Mogul" either but thats just me

Raphael's the codename, just like Titan and Apache and Kaiser. The real name isn't known yet, and I can assure you it won't be Raphael.

ggaeta 04-24-2008 02:23 AM

Looks sweet but did you take the picture with the 6800 camera. it looks like all of my pictures

ehanhan 04-24-2008 02:41 AM

Think about it like this.

How long has the 6700 been in use? Three years?

If the Raph comes out this fall, the Mogul will only be one year old.

It would make the most sense to make the Raph MUCH different from teh Mogul since the Mogul could still be marketed to certain people, as the Apache is still used today with the Mogul being available.

So wouldn't HTC to their best to differentiate the two devices *Mogul and Raph* from one another so they could sell both at the same time?

And to make them significantly different from one another, double the ram, a better/faster processor/chipset, higher resoultion camera, slimmer slicker design, and an overall nicer, more refined phone makes sense.

Or am I just rambling? lol

hetaldp 04-24-2008 02:50 AM

These Phones will be of NO Use if they Don,t have Multi Touch Digitalizer on Screen and Accelerometer

Multi Touch is Required for Sensinh Gesture in Multiples zone of Screen very Helpful for Gesture Sensing, Accelerometer is Very Important also for Physical Sensing.

You know Windows 7 Mainly relies on these 2 Hardware, and nobody here have thought it ???

My Expectation are

3 Inch Screen Wide VGA screen
3 Mega Pixel Camera (I dont care as i use DSLR)
256 MB Ram or else Windows 7 will not run with that smoothness
Hardware Acceleration driver for Video
Atleast 1 GB ROM you know Windows 7 will eat at least 400 mb of space
Class 6 SDHC Hardware for Faster Writing and reading of SDHC cards
Weight no more than 130 to 140 Grams
at least 1400 mAh Battery
24bit Color Depth ( 6800 has 16bit Colour Depth)
Full Glossy, Scratch Resistance Screen

Noir 04-24-2008 10:10 AM

I have to say that the prospect of these new devices are pretty promising. Combined with the verizon open market thing coming this summer, I would be a very happy verizon customer using at least the raphael on a verizon network.
I have to just flatly say though I would welcome VGA so then I can read my lecture material from school. Also from the image, it seems touchflo (ver 2) may be an option which wets the whistle quite a bit. No bezel, possibility of a VGA screen, I just wonder about the size of the entire phone. I wonder will this fit in my pocket?
Come to think of it, assumedly, would verizon's network specs be able to be ported once that open market thing comes to verizon?
Just a few thoughts I have. As for the debate of the VGA thing, I wouldn't argue it until HTC releases full specs and they usually do

Musicman247 04-24-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hetaldp (Post 258616)
These Phones will be of NO Use if they Don,t have Multi Touch Digitalizer on Screen and Accelerometer

Multi Touch is Required for Sensinh Gesture in Multiples zone of Screen very Helpful for Gesture Sensing, Accelerometer is Very Important also for Physical Sensing.

You know Windows 7 Mainly relies on these 2 Hardware, and nobody here have thought it ???

Actually, you're quite wrong. Windows Mobile 7 will use a phone's camera to detect orientation, and software tricks to simulate multi-touch. Read up on your stuff before calling everybody else idiots.

strickly_ppc670 04-24-2008 10:28 AM

I agree with Hetaldp,

3 Inch Screen Wide VGA screen
3 Mega Pixel Camera (I dont care as i use DSLR)
256 MB Ram or else Windows 7 will not run with that smoothness
Hardware Acceleration driver for Video
Atleast 1 GB ROM you know Windows 7 will eat at least 400 mb of space
( I read the Ralph will have 4 gig HDD)
Class 6 SDHC Hardware for Faster Writing and reading of SDHC cards
Weight no more than 130 to 140 Grams
at least 1400 mAh Battery
24bit Color Depth ( 6800 has 16bit Colour Depth)
Full Glossy, Scratch Resistance Screen

My question is can they add a 3.5mm jack and FM transmitter that actually works?
GPS is always a nice feature if you are lost. EVDO is a must. Bluetooth 2.0 would be
good as well.

I can only hope waiting for the next gen to show up isnt a waste of time

shaun0207 04-24-2008 10:29 AM

I would like to see these phone released with WM7, but I know that wont happen. If Sprint is smart: since T-Mobile is promising to have a Android phone out buy Sept, they should these phones come in both versions - WM6.1 & Android.

That would make people go buy them the same day.