PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphael and Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24710)

blue4shizzle 04-23-2008 05:31 PM

Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

honestly i dont really see the purpose in coming out with both of these devices if the ONLY difference is one has a keyboard an the other doesnt.. they both look pretty then an since both have wifi and touchflo.. it would seem more ideal to jus go ahead an get the one with the keyboard, jus in case you felt the need to use it.. does anyone know any real differences between the phones.. besides the obvious?

cruiserandmax 04-23-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealth-twinturbo (Post 257690)
I hope this phone runs much smoother, i hate to say it but the iphone when i have used it scrolls smooth and operates smoothly i feel like the touch needs more ram at least 256mb a better processor and a better graphics acceleration/driver!!!

Windows Mobile will always be a fat slow bastard compared to OSs designed and optimized for mobile devices like iPhone and likely Android.

armorforsleep 04-23-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by courtlandre (Post 258091)
As was said previously, these devices MAY NOT have vga screens, the picture does not say. It says VGA color depth, not resolution.

From the pictures here: http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/20/h...of-new-phones/
it looks like they are NOT vga.

That's a good eyeball courtlandre, the "main display pixels" column is "TBD", so it looks like it can go either way.

blue4shizzle 04-23-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruiserandmax (Post 258114)
Windows Mobile will always be a fat slow bastard compared to OSs designed and optimized for mobile devices like iPhone and likely Android.

you know.. i wouldnt say anything like that again, because a lot of win mobile experts here would give you how win mobile is like a million times better than the iphone and android.. well at least iphone anyway

TurboFool 04-23-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue4shizzle (Post 258133)
you know.. i wouldnt say anything like that again, because a lot of win mobile experts here would give you how win mobile is like a million times better than the iphone and android.. well at least iphone anyway

That's not necessarily accurate. Yes, we can all go on and on about how much better WM is than the iPhone (Android may give it a run for its money... maybe), but I don't think any of us would disagree that it IS slow and bloated in comparison to the iPhone. There are reasons for this, and they're partially the trade-off to our OS being open to unverified third-party applications and multi-tasking, but that doesn't make it untrue that WM sucks from a performance standpoint. If slick design and performance were my ONLY needs, I'd probably get an iPhone. They're not, and they never will be now that I'm used to what I can get from one of these. But do I wish it performed as smoothly as an iPhone (minus all the crashes people don't talk about)? I'd be a fool not to.

armorforsleep 04-23-2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by courtlandre (Post 258091)
As was said previously, these devices MAY NOT have vga screens, the picture does not say. It says VGA color depth, not resolution.

From the pictures here: http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/20/h...of-new-phones/
it looks like they are NOT vga.

That's a good eyeball courtlandre, the "main display pixels" column is "TBD", so it looks like it can go either way.

blue4shizzle 04-23-2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 258137)
That's not necessarily accurate. Yes, we can all go on and on about how much better WM is than the iPhone (Android may give it a run for its money... maybe), but I don't think any of us would disagree that it IS slow and bloated in comparison to the iPhone. There are reasons for this, and they're partially the trade-off to our OS being open to unverified third-party applications and multi-tasking, but that doesn't make it untrue that WM sucks from a performance standpoint. If slick design and performance were my ONLY needs, I'd probably get an iPhone. They're not, and they never will be now that I'm used to what I can get from one of these. But do I wish it performed as smoothly as an iPhone (minus all the crashes people don't talk about)? I'd be a fool not to.

yeah true.. but i mean lately windows mobile has picked it up.. reports have shown that the later models having windows mobile OS is actually running a lot smoother

TurboFool 04-23-2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue4shizzle (Post 258142)
yeah true.. but i mean lately windows mobile has picked it up.. reports have shown that the later models having windows mobile OS is actually running a lot smoother

I'm sure with enough RAM and tweaks there are noticeable improvements, but I still hear the hardcore users complaining about the best of the WM-based devices. The OS in its current state simply does not compete on these factors. That's why 7 is being so highly-anticipated.

PropagandaX 04-23-2008 06:09 PM

I cant wait till this phone comes out!!!!!!

no2chem 04-23-2008 06:10 PM

..my prediction is that it'll actually come out Q2-Q3 09.