PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphael and Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24710)

shaggylive 04-23-2008 03:46 PM

Re: HTC bringing VGA displays to sprint: Raphnel and Diamond

i think the scammers are forgetting that sprint has a recycling program that i'm sure plenty of people will take advantage of. thus, plenty of refurbished available.

gobmonster 04-23-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 257987)
i think the scammers are forgetting that sprint has a recycling program that i'm sure plenty of people will take advantage of. thus, plenty of refurbished available.

Thats the weird thing. The sprint store in my neighbor hood doesnt give out refurbs, either they fix your phone or give you a new one (unless water damage or you c4'd your phone).

The only way to get a refurb for me is calling in and ordering one for 50 bucks. I asked them (store) to get me a refurb and they said that their sprint reps tell em they cant get any... unless they get hold of a bunch of new moguls, people like have to get another phone.

eXplicit 04-23-2008 04:00 PM

It's not, those photos taken were of actual documents within Sprint. The phones may not look exactly like those, but they'll look pretty close.

ricchini2007 04-23-2008 04:05 PM

I Want This Phone

blue4shizzle 04-23-2008 04:08 PM

so basically its the same phone.. jus one has a keyboard and the other doesnt..

chappy 04-23-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 257987)

Not really. Why would you give away (or get paid a mere 50 dollars on your account) when you could easily sell a Mogul on e-bay 100-150 (once the Raph) comes out).

Also, to the guy saying the 800w will be the direct replacement for the Mogul, I highly doubt it. The 700w wasn't ever on the replacement list for the 6700, and still isn't. As you said, there are two camps, and Sprint realizes this. Forcing someone into the other camp is a surefire way to make them unhappy. (Hurr, Sprint doesn't care about customers anyway, hurr)

Before the Mogul was released, there was a month or two when there were no 6700's available new or reconditioned, and the ONLY two Windows Mobile phones were the Moto Q and the 700wx, and neither were placed on the list for the 6700. They aren't going to force users of a device with a sliding keyboard into one without it(Unless Moguls run out of stock, as right now the Touch is on the list for the Mogul). The 800w might make its way there as an option, but it will be there with the Raph.

mswlogo 04-23-2008 05:08 PM

2.8" screen Yawn.

courtlandre 04-23-2008 05:17 PM

As was said previously, these devices MAY NOT have vga screens, the picture does not say. It says VGA color depth, not resolution.

From the pictures here: http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/20/h...of-new-phones/
it looks like they are NOT vga.

Bearxor 04-23-2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 (Post 257865)
And i think the Rafnel brings a lot more to the party than the 800w. You have a better processor that can be 500mhz with 3d (7500a). You have an unknown amount of RAM/ROM still, cant just assume its 128/256. You have a 2.8" VGA (prob 640x480) which is a ton better than a 320x320 2.5" QVGA square. You have many unknowns to say the treo is better at this point and a lot of assumptions.

I never said the Treo 800w is going to be better. I said they would be equal hardware-wise. It's also unkown at this point which processor the 800w is using.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akijikan (Post 257897)
As you can see above the RAM specs for the Raphnel and Diamond have yet to be specified so that statement is purely speculation.

It's speculation, but anyone expecting more than 128MB of RAM is simply kidding themselves.

As I said, anyone expecting ground-breaking earth-shattering changes in the WinMo market because of these two device is getting their hopes up for nothing. It won't be a drastically better phone that the 800w. You will still have people that prefer the Treo form factor and people that prefer the HTC form factor. That's fine, I'm cool with that. All I'm saying is that you guys need to ground yourselves in reality.

If, come to find out, these phones do ship with 256MB of RAM, I'll be the first one to say awesome. That would be great. What's the realistic chances of it happening? Less than 1%.

Something tells me this leak will be followed up on in the next couple of weeks and we'll get some more solid specs.

Bearxor 04-23-2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by courtlandre (Post 258091)
As was said previously, these devices MAY NOT have vga screens, the picture does not say. It says VGA color depth, not resolution.

From the pictures here: http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/20/h...of-new-phones/
it looks like they are NOT vga.

This wouldn't surprise me either. I don't know why VGA devices have not found their way stateside, I can only assume the carriers feel there isn't a large enough market. Honestly, how many people are going to care about the resolution on their phones?