PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 10:17 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Windows 6.1 coming on April 1st? - MERGED

Anybody think this is gonna happen? Correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't our providers have to get the new software and tweak it to work with their services?

http://www.slashgear.com/windows-mob...php#more-10890

Windows Mobile 6.1 coming for you on April Fools Day

Do you remember that semi-formal roadmap we saw not too long ago that pretty much stated that Microsoft had seen the error of their mobile ways and with 6.1 they were going to fix a lot of things and make a move towards higher useability? Well I don’t know if that’s come true or not, but word is that we’ll find out on April 1st. Supposedly April 1st is the release date for the new version of Windows Mobile which is rumored to include a newer, better, web browser that allows for zoom and scrolling with ease. It also will offer up a more Vista-like UI, copy/paste from IE, new fonts, a task manage more similar to its desktop siblings, WiFi indicator, and auto-configure in ActiveSync for your email.

So, its not an entirely new OS like some think Windows Mobile handhelds need, but it’s a major step in the right direction and should definitely make at least a few things more intuitive, if not user friendly. I have no idea if they’ll try and charge for the minor revision update or not, but I’d guess not. Now all we need to do is get Sony Ericsson to push out that XPERIA X1 with this new OS, which could happen since CTIA starts on April first as well.
[via Gizmodo]

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Re: Windows 6.1 coming on April 1st?

i dont know about you but i already have 6.1 on my phone...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

agreed i have it as well, and i'll only feel bad for those that fall for this april fools day joke... just flash no2chems ROM and be done with the speculation.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-26-2008, 10:31 AM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
i dont know about you but i already have 6.1 on my phone...
I dont have it yet. I was waiting for the official release.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:33 AM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
agreed i have it as well, and i'll only feel bad for those that fall for this april fools day joke... just flash no2chems ROM and be done with the speculation.
I was gonna do that, but I've never flashed a custom ROM before. I was a little afraid of screwing my my phone. I was also waiting for No2chems new release based off of the newest ROM before I tried it.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

zero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to zero157h7 Send a message via AIM to zero157h7 Send a message via MSN to zero157h7 Send a message via Yahoo to zero157h7 Send a message via Skype™ to zero157h7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Why?

This is me typing to fulfill the 10 character minimum.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have 6.1 but don't really care for everything else included in the custom ROM's. I used the kitchen to create my own but don't really care for that too much either. All I was looking for was the 3.35 ROM with WM6.1. Oh well, I am sick of flashing ROM's and adjusting all my settings every day.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:36 AM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero157h7 View Post
Why?

This is me typing to fulfill the 10 character minimum.
I looked at the all the things you have to do to unlock the device to allow the custom ROM and it looked like alot of steps.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

didn't know there was a minimum post limit
Old 03-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
if you are waiting for an official release on the mogul for 6.1, i wouldnt hold my breath. The build that no2chem based his rom on is an "official" release, it was pulled off a kaiser that was an official rom from a carrier that got jump happy and released it early afaik. so everyone that is using the new kitchen or no2chems roms are using an official full version of 6.1. try it. its easy to flash, especially with the new kitchen.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives