PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q9
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 06:55 PM
ltp
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9C

ltp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Help with downloading thru ActiveSync!!

I'm very new to smartphones...I have been able to download several programs via ActiveSync to my Moto Q9c, but am having problems with certain programs that are supposed to be compatible with my phone. Here's what I'm doing and what I'm encountering:

1) Attach USB cable.
2) Download application, which places it in a file on my PC.
3) I cannot copy/paste the file to my ActiveSync "explorer" folder. I tried right clicking and dragging. Nothing. It will let me copy but does not allow me to paste to ActiveSync explorer. The other option it gives me is to "extract" the file into a folder on my PC. What does this "extraction" mean??
4) I also tried copying the file after downloading into "My Documents" on my PC and then copy/paste in ActiveSync explorer. It allows this, but when I try to open the file on my smartphone, it gives me this message "There is no application associated with "xxxx". Run the application first and then open this file inside the application."

Run the application from where??

Someone pleeeease help!!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Q9c
Carrier: Sprint

stevo9029 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help with downloading thru ActiveSync!!

Do you know if the files are .Cab files, or are if they are Exe. ? if there a CAB you can run them from your phone, you would go into my computer, mobile device, and then put it in a directory where you would want to put it. If they are Executable, you need to run the program on your computer first, some programs will automatically install the app into your phone with the phone attatched.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q9