PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

mujurip is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to mujurip
Alert: Moto Q bricks randomly

I'm not sure if this has been discussed here on this board but just wanted to give a heads up.

http://www.everythingq.com/forum/spr...n-on-6651.html

The phone dies all of a sudden. It powers down and when you try to start up..all it shows is the following:

Motorola Flash Mode
Bootloader Version:
Boot_C_03.05.00R_MPAP
USB Cable Connected

Apparently there is no fix for it. Some say its a memory issue (running multiple programs in the background) and others say its a compatiblity issue with Q's flash and WM5.

If yall have any other info, please post.

It happend to me and it can happen to you. GET INSURANCE if u dont have already.

ps. it was a brand new phone with no 3rd party software or rom upgrades. Everythign factory. Used it for 4 days and bam.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:46 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
appreciate the headsup but im sick of this topic because every thread about it is full of misinformation. what i have seen leads me to beleive there might be a crappy flash chip on a certain batch of qs. the common opinion is that when you run a bunch of applications for an extended amount of time wm5 destroys your firmware flash. anyone familiar with pdas, computers, software, etc etc knows this is crap.

edit: im going to go so far as to say that this is one of a few topics that formed my opinion of the q community. the q community is a major reason why I am moving to an HTC device
Old 07-21-2007, 02:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (Sero)

astanix is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to astanix Send a message via AIM to astanix Send a message via MSN to astanix Send a message via Yahoo to astanix Send a message via Skype™ to astanix
I have a funny story about a Q bricking.

Had it for a couple weeks, didn't do much of anything... nothing to directly cause it.
I took it to the Sprint store and the tech asked if I charged it with a non moto q usb cable. I had, so I told him yes. He told me that was what caused it and if it happened again, they wouldn't replace it. Heh.

That was my first Q.
2nd had random button pushing going on.
3rd had a dead headset speaker thingy.
4th had 0 bars of reception everywhere.

I moved on after that...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q