PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2007, 01:24 AM
Lurker

Brian52682 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Brian52682 Send a message via MSN to Brian52682 Send a message via Yahoo to Brian52682
Basic Help Please

Hello, I am new to this forum .. I just purchased the Motorola Q and it is my first smart pc phone. The guy at the store told me I can watch tv (dont know how) and can listen to sirius radio (also dont know how).. I am going to browse the forum and see what all neat stuff can be accomplished with the new phone.. The basic questions I had are the following:
1) Is there a way to take MP3's off my computer and make them my ring tones, any software to do this ?
2) How do I watch TV and listen to satellite radio ?
3) I am having trouble entering my e-mail addy which includes a _ but I can not find out how to enter on my phone
4) I purchased a gig extra stick and I read somewhere about making that default for my e-mail and things of that sort but have had trouble getting this to work.
5) My ringer volume of the MP3 I put on it is real low and only plays the beginning of the song..
I greatly appreciate any assistance and thank you in advance.. Sorry if some of these are dumb questions, I just am clueless to this type of technology.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:36 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Brian52682 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Brian52682 Send a message via MSN to Brian52682 Send a message via Yahoo to Brian52682
One more thing, my drive is currently full and I have a gig card.. I want to put my ringers and photos on the memory card to free up my operating system memory, is there a way to do this ? Thanks
Old 06-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Brian52682 is a n00b
0 replies
Old 06-07-2007, 06:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Scooter_in_WI is becoming a great contributor
Brian,
For the "_" and any other special characters, you need to press the ALT key (one next to the "Z") and then the shift (up arrow) key.

As far as the other questions on your list, check out http://www.qusers.com/. I don't use mine for TV, MP3s, etc. but I have seen a lot of posts there about what you are asking. The registry hack to use the SD for email is there as well.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Basic Help Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian52682
Hello, I am new to this forum .. I just purchased the Motorola Q and it is my first smart pc phone. The guy at the store told me I can watch tv (dont know how) and can listen to sirius radio (also dont know how).. I am going to browse the forum and see what all neat stuff can be accomplished with the new phone.. The basic questions I had are the following:
1) Is there a way to take MP3's off my computer and make them my ring tones, any software to do this ?
2) How do I watch TV and listen to satellite radio ?
3) I am having trouble entering my e-mail addy which includes a _ but I can not find out how to enter on my phone
4) I purchased a gig extra stick and I read somewhere about making that default for my e-mail and things of that sort but have had trouble getting this to work.
5) My ringer volume of the MP3 I put on it is real low and only plays the beginning of the song..
I greatly appreciate any assistance and thank you in advance.. Sorry if some of these are dumb questions, I just am clueless to this type of technology.
Most of your questions aren't Q specific.

You'd be better off browsing our software section or the Introductions sections or the General Discussion area.

Probably the main reason for no responses is that these questions have been asked and answered so many times, it'd take a page just to re-write it all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q