PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

BigG422 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Warranty for Droid

I have never been a big fan of extended warranties for things but seeing as a couple people have destroyed their phone already it seems I should probably look into one. I dont plan on putting my droid in any case because I feel they just make it WAY too bulky for my taste. So anyone have any suggestions of whether it would be better to get the phone insurance through Verizon or maybe do an online warranty place like squaretrade. My only hesitation with squaretrade is that you would have to send them the phone and such and that would leave me without a phone while I waited for the replacement. Any thoughts?
Old 11-19-2009, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Isror is becoming a great contributor
Re: Warranty for Droid

I don't see why you wouldn't get the Asurion insurance for the Moto Droid. If it breaks your paying $559 to replace it. I'd rather have the peace of mind knowing it'll be taken care of should something happen.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:32 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've never actually had to file a claim through asurion, but it seems to work well for eveyone else. You still end up without a phone for a day or two though.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 11-19-2009, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

BryanGT is just getting started

It's actually 600$ after sales tax, But the claims are fast and easy, and they overnight every thing so even if your phone explodes You'll have a new one for the 79.99 deductible in 1 or 2 days. I've delt with them a few times, and every time they give you the benefit of the doubt. Only thing i don't like is if you report it lost you have to report it stolen via the police before they process it, so basically if you find it and don't return it to them your holding on to stolen material.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

BigG422 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanGT View Post
It's actually 600$ after sales tax, But the claims are fast and easy, and they overnight every thing so even if your phone explodes You'll have a new one for the 79.99 deductible in 1 or 2 days. I've delt with them a few times, and every time they give you the benefit of the doubt. Only thing i don't like is if you report it lost you have to report it stolen via the police before they process it, so basically if you find it and don't return it to them your holding on to stolen material.
Ok, that's what I was thinking. Because I love my Droid to death but have seem some horror stories thus far and dont want to chance it.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

BryanGT is just getting started

Also your memory card holds all the info and apts, so you'll never lose every thing even if your phone is crushed by a car, that micro SDC should still be intact.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid