PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 06:35 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock Your Droid. (800MHz, 900MHz and 1GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gootgolly View Post
I read on the net that only trolls can clock these beyond 600.
That would be incorrect information. Some trolls do in fact have the ability to hack/modify their phones. That skill, however, does not make them any more tolerable in the forum setting since they still continue to make only negative and inflammatory posts.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 01-28-2010, 09:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

ronaldheld is just getting started

shouldn't you backup before rooting, in case there is a problem?
Old 01-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

ronaldheld,

'Rooting' in and of itself is only a permission. It's similar to getting administrator access to a PC.

Before you root, you really don't have any options to back up your system outside of saving APK files and storing your information on external/removable media. HOWEVER, once you do root, the first thing you should do is install the nandroid recovery software, and perform a full backup before you go playing with anything. This is an image of the current state of your system including desktop/widget state as well as all installed apps and their settings.

So, to answer your question, you should install nandroid and backup your system as a first step AFTER rooting your phone. Might be a good idea to store a copy of that backup externally too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

also be careful of overclocking... im thinking i actually damaged my battery doing so...
Old 01-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
also be careful of overclocking... im thinking i actually damaged my battery doing so...
Zombiexxx, my thinking is that the calibration on your indicator might be off because of it. Have you already let it fully charge and fully discharge a couple times?

Overheating can definitely damage a battery though, usually they will swell up when that happens.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Threadstarter

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by banden View Post
Zombiexxx, my thinking is that the calibration on your indicator might be off because of it. Have you already let it fully charge and fully discharge a couple times?

Overheating can definitely damage a battery though, usually they will swell up when that happens.
well i just let it fully discharge this morning and its charging now... but ever since the 900 it seems to take 3-4x as long to charge then it did before... and then i went to a rom with 600mhz and seemed to take just as long to charge so im running a 2.0.1 at stock speed hoping to get this damn battery fixed or re calibrated hopefully
Old 01-28-2010, 12:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hmm, I'm having no battery issues and I am running the 900 kernel. Besides the only real way to hurt the battery would be to get it overheated.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 01-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Droid: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android Bugless Beauty; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I had it freeze at 80% after initial flash of the image and ever siince takes forever to charge my phone and the drain seems a lot faster then it use to be.. as for overheating the time I did run the 900 my phone got pretty damn hot to touch.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
Wirelessly posted (Droid: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android Bugless Beauty; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I had it freeze at 80% after initial flash of the image and ever siince takes forever to charge my phone and the drain seems a lot faster then it use to be.. as for overheating the time I did run the 900 my phone got pretty damn hot to touch.
Odd, i've been running 1GHz for 2 days with no heat issues. From what i read on ARM CortexA8 processor is that it has dynamic voltage control, and it brings down the volts from 1.2v(stock) to 1.0v(1000MHz+)

Using SetCPU from XDA will ensure that you get even more battery life out from a single charge than a stock 550MHz
Old 01-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motor Droid

mclelands is a n00b

So I've been running 1 Ghz continuously cause every time I enable profiles it drops the speed to 500 Mhz using the stock default profile. Any reason why it wouldn't run 1 Ghz? I have charging and sleep/standb enabled at 384/245. Power<100 is disabled.

Heat issues: It has only gotten warm and after a few minutes it was fine. Definitely not enough to damage it. Would probably help if I had profiles set up.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid