PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia 910
Carrier: Verizon

bigperm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exchange "search compatny directory" option?

Hi I have been reading all the Droid with Exchange server threads, I finally bought a Droid, and got itto sync successfully!!
Now the question is.....is there a way to search my company directory either from the contacts screen (phone) or from the email field? BW, I know you had this worked out on your WM 6.5 roms....

Anyone know if we can do this on Android?
Old 01-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff
Re: Exchange "search compatny directory" option?

There's an app for the Moto Droid only in the Market: 'Corporate Directory for DROID'

I think that's what you're looking for. (It's a motorola application)

Just an update. This is definately not the be-all end all, but it does bring access to those contacts.

Depending on how integrated you are with your Exchange account, you may wish to invest in 'Touchdown' as it's a very good exchange email application that is very secure and functions more along the lines like Outlook. You really don't even need Active Sync for Touchdown as it will connect through RPC over HTTPS.

Touchdown is free for the first 5 days so you can try it out. After that it's 20 bucks. (Thats what Blackberry users pay per month for enterprise access.)

Oh yeah, welcome to the cool club!

Last edited by banden; 01-04-2010 at 02:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by banden View Post
There's an app for the Moto Droid only in the Market: 'Corporate Directory for DROID'

I think that's what you're looking for. (It's a motorola application)
That works well. Thanks.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bigperm is a n00b

Thanks to you both I am trying it now! !!!
additional thx to. BW for all your great roms!
Old 01-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bigperm is a n00b
Re: Exchange "search company directory" option?

thanks again guys, i can use this app, but is there no way to search from the email "to" screen back to the company directory? Like I said, I am used to WM and this is new to me, trying to see if it works. I do use my Exchange/Company Directory a lot, and my company doesn't support Android, so I am on my own.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Droidgeek

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff
Re: Exchange "search company directory" option?

I would recommend you hop on board the Touchdown train. You will likely find it well worth the money.

It's really good and thorough... might even be the best mobile email app for all platforms.

Search the Marketplace for 'Touchdown' and download the free app, "Exchange for Android 2.0/2.1" this will work for five days.

Once you get it to work and realize how awesome it is, then you purchase 'Exchange by TouchDown Key' for 19.99 and you use the code you receive to activate the original app.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bigperm is a n00b

Thanks! I want to do it but may be switching companies in the next few weeks and IT isa unclear if they will support it. So I would spend the20 bucks for nothing......
What about goodlink by motorola? I used to be somewhere where they used that....it laid on top of exchange amd was awesome......
Old 01-08-2010, 12:03 AM
Droidgeek

We have some goodlink users still on our system, but they are all on Palm OS it seems.

I'm not a huge fan of it... but it works. I don't think it's available for the Android OS though. Do you know what company you're going to for email?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Tags
company directory, exchange, sync