PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2.1 Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
i backed up and install my apps from astro in 2.1 they just don't show up in market.
So after 2.1, you went and re-installed Astro from Market then from there it could see all the apps sitting in /sdcard/backups/apps and you installed from there. And if an app had a database or other settings, that was backed up and restored or not so much?

By not "showing up in market", you're saying Market's download section shows nothing installed. What then about updates being pushed out? Do you still get notified?
Old 12-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

astro and 13 other apps actually were auto reinstalled as i signed into my google account but since i used a modified rom that had a black status bar it had astro pre-installed so i just installed the apps from the sd card and never really bother to look for updates since most my apps never really got updated anyways.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:27 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Gotta figure out a way to get the updates, I personally would like to have updates show up in notifications. Plus I've had 3 random reboots since I went to 2.1 last night and I had not had that happen even once inthe few months I owned it before this

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Threadstarter

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Gotta figure out a way to get the updates, I personally would like to have updates show up in notifications. Plus I've had 3 random reboots since I went to 2.1 last night and I had not had that happen even once inthe few months I owned it before this
im sure if you just manually searched and installed all the programs every time you did the rom it'd show them in the market and i've never had a random reboot at all.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I see posts on alldroid saying updates won't be a problem.

However, greek35t has just gone off to military duty for a month. Makes me hesitate to use the ROM also until I hear of more solid reports. Working without a net so to speak?
Old 12-29-2009, 11:40 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonV View Post
I see posts on alldroid saying updates won't be a problem.
Were they talking about the app updates or the system updates though? I hope the app updates continue to show up. They might not until I install them all through the app market instead of from backups though.

OPn another note, I think it was the "living backgrounds that were causing problems on my phone.I had 2 more reboots happen and then changed to a regular background and it hasnt happened again since.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Threadstarter

yeah i haven't really played with the live backgrounds just seems like it'd cause more problems... im sure once we actually get a 2.1 phone out and the devs come back from military duties the rom will be more stable and functional.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Were they talking about the app updates or the system updates though? I hope the app updates continue to show up. They might not until I install them all through the app market instead of from backups though.
FYI, it was app updates being discussed in the most recent posts:

droid#1 wrote:
microbolt, yes quick question do my apps still get updated on a regular basis cause i have the week old rev and before i used to get updates for my apps like once a day......well here and there an app...not same ones but besides the fact just wondering if they do update maybe cause of christmas... no one made updates????????????
scott

You still get the same updates as you do on a normal rom, everyone is just enjoying Christmas and not pushing updates =D
Old 12-30-2009, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was under the impression that the apps not showing up on the market was solved in .41 of Greeks rom. I can confirm all the apps I use are showing up. Even ones that didn't the first time I flashed 2.1. Apparently the problem is the fact that Google hasn't whitelisted 2.1 for the market yet.
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

Old 12-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Android 2.1

ilanoraa is a n00b

Do you know if there is a root out for 2.1? I have it installed but all my programs that work on the 2.01 rooted device does not work on the 2.1. Rootexploer for example.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Tags
amdroid 2.1, droid, screenshots