PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2.1 Screenshots

go for it!

upon future playing and checking out videos on 2.1
*long pressing along side the new app tray button will bring up its own home switcher to switch between the 5 screens.
*dockrunner does not work on 2.1 but its not needed simply running "clock" will give you the same result
*Also the marketplace doesn't show all your installed apps not sure what or why but just what i noticed.
*and lockscreen will be unlocked if you open the keyboard but using the pattern lock keeps the phone locked.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

whats DockRunner?

that 3d waterfall is nice............Eris better get it soon
Old 12-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Threadstarter

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg83 View Post
whats DockRunner?

that 3d waterfall is nice............Eris better get it soon
http://phandroid.com/2009/11/12/dock...dock-for-free/
Old 12-29-2009, 02:02 AM
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Droid: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Droid Build/ERD72) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

@break
Camera quality seems a little grainy and was giving me little time to try and take a self photo of me and the girl.. it also enables gps tagging which was on the right street and within my actual address.

Navigation with satiliete(sp?) And traffic layers seemed a bit more detailed.. worked better with finding my address right on as before directed me to wrong side of the street with a friends house. And once got to destination showed a street view of it which didn't see before.

Also can't edit icons in bettercut once made just need to recreate if wanna change name or icon
Old 12-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs
Carrier: Verizon

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

Hmmm... Navigation shows street view when available for destination on 2.0.1... I thought it even worked on 2.0 but could be wrong.

Otherwise, love all the info... I'm considering the switch myself. I have all the files on my comp.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by banden View Post
Hmmm... Navigation shows street view when available for destination on 2.0.1... I thought it even worked on 2.0 but could be wrong.

Otherwise, love all the info... I'm considering the switch myself. I have all the files on my comp.
it probably did and just didn't show the time i used it... im not sure..

Heres a Screenshot of the Home Switcher when you long press the little circles on the sides of the app tray.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:41 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

OK, I'm rooted and I have 2.1 and reinstalled all my apps (that was a pain in the butt). Are you using drocap for the screens?

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Threadstarter

Drocap2 and welcome to the Darkside
Old 12-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
OK, I'm rooted and I have 2.1 and reinstalled all my apps (that was a pain in the butt). Are you using drocap for the screens?
Getting ready to take the dive to 2.1 also after being rooted for while. If I use Astro to backup apps to sdcard then I can use those to reinstall the apps following the 2.1 install? The process will not do anything to the sdcard right? I might back it up anyway but wanted to know what to expect after the wipe for 2.1.

What was the pain? Just taking the time to install each one? I'm up to around 55 apps looks like.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Threadstarter

i backed up and install my apps from astro in 2.1 they just don't show up in market.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Tags
amdroid 2.1, droid, screenshots