PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: Verizon

jrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good workjrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Multitouch Working on the Droid Stock Apps!

As we all know, the GSM version of the Droid (Milestone) already has built in multitouch. While the Droid has multitouch capabiliteies, they have not yet been implemented in the photo viewer and browser (stock Android ones). This is soon to change as eugene373 over at AllDroid.org has found a way to give the Droid the built in multitouch found in the milestone. http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=...4&p=5478#p5478

Last edited by jrodizzkool01; 12-17-2009 at 01:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Multitouch Working on the Droid!

Multi-touch has worked on the Droid from day one. Pic-Say, Dolphin Browser and Gallery (one from the market not the stock app) have had it for awhile now. The stock apps from the Droid will never have multi-touch becuase it wasn't built in to them.

Porting apps from the Milestone does not suddenly make the Droid multi-touch.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 12-17-2009, 11:34 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sweet! I dont really need Pinch to zoom, but I'm definitely not against having it You can donate without registering in the forum too BTW

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-17-2009, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good workjrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
Multi-touch has worked on the Droid from day one. Pic-Say, Dolphin Browser and Gallery (one from the market not the stock app) have had it for awhile now. The stock apps from the Droid will never have multi-touch becuase it wasn't built in to them.

Porting apps from the Milestone does not suddenly make the Droid multi-touch.
I know that the Droid has multitouch capabilities in some 3rd party apps downloadable from the Android Market but some of the stock apps (stock browser and photo viewer) are in fact getting multitouch because of the port from the Milestone. Here's a link to the video that proves it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnBhs...layer_embedded
Old 12-17-2009, 01:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Only if you root your Droid and then install another ROM. So no, it is not getting multi-touch out of the box.

The stories that are circulating today, and this post title, make it sound as if the Droid has never had the ability to do multi-touch until now and this is just not true.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Multitouch Working on the Droid Stock Apps!

Changed the title to "Multitouch Working on the Droid Stock Apps" to avoid confusion. I never mentioned that the Droid would be getting multitouch out of the box but at least it will be possible to enable it in more applications

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid