PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17
Re: Droid x has been rooted!!!

Finally rooted. Running SetCPU @ 1000 max . . . no visible speed changes. So far, the best benefit is being able to clear the cache for everything at once using Quick App Clean.

Otherwise, i don't know what the heck to do with this thing! LOL!
---- Former Verizon XV6700
Old 07-23-2010, 12:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

There will be no overclocking until a kernel can be installed that allows overclocking.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 07-23-2010, 02:00 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
And they said it couldn't be done. Ha Ha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
so the whole "eFuse" thing is a giant bust then?? was it just rumors to begin with?

or do they not know yet since they havent tried modding the bootloader yet-which is whats suppose to set the fuse off and kill the phone
rooting has nothin to do with the locked "efuse thing" bootloader. The bootloader is still locked, so no custom roms and no overclocking.

Last edited by razorloves; 07-23-2010 at 02:13 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
so the whole "eFuse" thing is a giant bust then?? was it just rumors to begin with?

or do they not know yet since they havent tried modding the bootloader yet-which is whats suppose to set the fuse off and kill the phone
Motorola has said that the eFuse would not brick the phone. The locked bootloader is still different from the root exploit. I'm not aware of any movement on the boot-loader front at this point.

With Root, you will be able to remove some of the bloat (not like there was a ton of it) that came on the phone, and tweak some settings, but you won't be able to wholesale flash the phone with a custom rom yet.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: DroidX

kiwiruss is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwiruss

My Rooted DroidX is working great.

Verizon Touch Pro2
Mightyrom and Energyrom user.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900, Samsung Omnia i910, Moto Droid, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

criccarr is just getting started

Well, this is freakin awesome!!! Free Wifi Tether again, I knew there was a reason I loved Android!!! Root is working perfectly...
Old 07-24-2010, 03:36 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

just a little precautions for you guys that are rooting your droid x. http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/23...some-warnings/
Old 07-25-2010, 02:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: alltel

piccilo72 is a n00b

So I am new at this rooting thing, just came from a HTC Touch Pro and I am curious, if you screw up the root can you still do a hard reset?
Old 07-25-2010, 03:49 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccilo72 View Post
So I am new at this rooting thing, just came from a HTC Touch Pro and I am curious, if you screw up the root can you still do a hard reset?
depends what you screw up. this is still a very new process and possible to brick. if you're not good with computers, i would wait for an easier method, or wait till there's a fail-safe

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X