PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 01:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Doubled my screen real estate in the last year.

I recieved my VZW TP1 in March of last year. The difference in the quality from the QVGA Screen of the XV6800 was stunning tosay the least.

I upgraded to the VZW TP2 when it came out in September. I was so impressed by the size difference and how much more room there was. The fact that VZW didn't gimp the phone played an enormous role in how happy the TP2 made me.

Swype hit the scene and I found myself craving a sleeker profile so I picked up an Imagio off of Ebay.

VZW has nailed it on the head with my latest fix. The Droid X, while being a different OS, is so snappy I have found it extremely easy to be interested in starting from scratch on my mobile tweaking journey.

My name is Wes and I have a problem. I am probably never going to seek treatment because this is so damn fun.

Below, is a screen size comparison between the TP1, TP2 and the DX

Nokia6110 - RazrV3 -LG8700 ------TP1 ---Imagio -- Tbolt - RazrMaxx
----MotoV710 -LG8600 - XV8600 ------TP2 ----DroidX - Gnex -RazrMaxxHD
(Palm T5, VZW-Xoom,VZW Xyboard)
Old 07-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

kashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to kashabrown
Re: Doubled my screen real estate in the last year.

Same path here too sir. 6700, 6800, 6850, 6875 in which I had the pro 2 from Day 1 - it was probably my favorite phone - the custom roms were a lot of fun - this D X is so much faster and the screen - well - we'll leave it at that. If someone cracks this thing - look out!
Old 07-18-2010, 06:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

iamrobk is a n00b

Similar path for me.
XV6800-TP2-Droid X
Loving the Droid X so far.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok .. I just have to do this:

PN-820 (WinMo Flip Phone) -> SMT-5800 Libra -> Samsung i760 -> Blackberry Storm 1 ->Droid 1 ->Touch Pro 2 ->Droid X

What a long strange trip its been
Old 07-22-2010, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

MikeOD is becoming a great contributor

I'm on Sprint for my own phone, and I have a Verizon phone for work...I went from a TP1 on Sprint in March of 2009 to a few warranty replacement TP1's over the course of the year...then a TP2 free via warranty (complained enough about TP1's) in January...I liked that phones screen size...but it was SLOW and I didn't like the hardware buttons on the bottom...difficult to work with...so I pre-ordered an Evo, and got it on release day (June 4th)...I just got my DroidX at work today, ordered it last week on release day, and it arrived today. The Evo and DroidX are very good phones...I'm very happy with the Evo for my personal phone, and I'm sure I'll be happy with the X for work stuff...I'll probably constantly be comparing them.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X