PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 12:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Droid 2 - System Dump

Here is the Droid 2 System Dump

http://www.4shared.com/file/m8pSCMvI...?cau2=403tNull

courtesy of Kykiskly on XDA.

Figured since there is only one other thread here in the Droid 2 section, I'd try to get things poppin' for yall.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Re: Droid 2 - System Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Here is the Droid 2 System Dump

http://www.4shared.com/file/m8pSCMvI...?cau2=403tNull

courtesy of Kykiskly on XDA.

Figured since there is only one other thread here in the Droid 2 section, I'd try to get things poppin' for yall. =D>
I am really surprised, almost being August now, there are only 2 total threads on the Droid 2. Although I have expressed some concern over why the Droid 2, a flagship product as far as I'm concerned, didn't make a quantum leap in performance and build over the original Droid?

Verizon and Google teaming up with Motorola to make a successor to a phone that you can argue 'started it all,' and they didn't make it a super-computer phone of sorts? All of the specs I've seen so far, can already be purchased, or even improved upon, with current device offerings.

Anyway, my question is, what is a system dump, and does any information exist yet as to what factory installed OS will come out-of-box with the Droid 2 (hopefully 2.2 Froyo).

Does anyone anticipate the Droid 2 not being 'root-able' or somehow limited on user access to core functions?
THANKS!
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!
Old 07-26-2010, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

ronaldheld is just getting started

Too much hype on the X and too little for the D2. No clue why?
Old 07-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
Too much hype on the X and too little for the D2. No clue why?
The only difference I see, is the camera on the X records HD video and has 3 extra MPs. I'll take the build and keyboard feature on the Droid 2 any day over that... even though I would love the ability to record and upload HD video to Face Book/You Tube on the fly.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
The only difference I see, is the camera on the X records HD video and has 3 extra MPs. I'll take the build and keyboard feature on the Droid 2 any day over that... even though I would love the ability to record and upload HD video to Face Book/You Tube on the fly.
I just Emailed Verizon and asked if I could try the Droid X for 30 days, and if I didn't like the virtual keyboard or thought the additional 3MPs on the camera was worth it, could I change up to the Droid 2 as my annual upgrade phone in stead. I'll let everyone know what I hear back...

I really want the specs on the Droid X... on the Droid 2; does anyone know why on Earth a phone that isn't even out yet, that will certainty have HUGE sales success, and is the predecessor to one of the most amazing and well known Droids to ever launch - isn't more powerful!?

August 12th - come on!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Android

backitude is a n00b

The media share link above seems to have been taken down or deleted as well. Can anyone out there still using a DROID 2 provide a dump of the system/app folder. I am trying to fix my friend's phone who still has a couple months left on his contract.

If a zip of the entire dump is not possible, more specifically, I need the apks and odex for:
friendfeed
blur.home.status
messaging.engine
SocialMessaging
blur.socialshare

Thanks in advance

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid 2

Tags
apristel, droid 2, system dump