PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 01:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bhare1985 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: North America Weather Database V5 Manila (10-16-09) *Weather is fixed*

This doesnt work, wont download an update.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:44 AM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

i am working on the timezone issue, i have finals this week, but after that I am all good to go.

I actually might try and move database online, so that way its not using up sapce on device, and it can access everything remotely, i am looking into it, not sure if i will be able to get it going, but its something to look into.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omina
Carrier: Verizon

johnnyv5 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
i am working on the timezone issue, i have finals this week, but after that I am all good to go.

I actually might try and move database online, so that way its not using up sapce on device, and it can access everything remotely, i am looking into it, not sure if i will be able to get it going, but its something to look into.
Any update on Time Zone issue?

jv
Old 06-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyv5
Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post

Any update on Time Zone issue?

jv
I'm still using that cab I posted and weather works perfectly.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

davecarson is a n00b

Hey there. Installed and it works great, but I have one question.

When it displays the forecast for the next 4 days, it displays the days with IDS_ before each name of the day. Is there a way to fix that? Thanks!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Vlip3 is just getting started

Is V5 the latest version? I've had this since March and was working fine but now when I try to add a location, it is extremely slow and never finds any cities, even ones I previously added. I tried uninstalling the program and I got an error message that it did not uninstall completely. Then I re-installed and got a message that the previous version would be uninstalled, when I said yes, I got another message that it was not completely uninstalled and asked if I wanted to proceed with installation anyway. Again I said yes. I tried it then, but still very slow (much slower than usual) and never finds a city. I tried uninstalling again. This time, no error messages. Re-installed, again no error messages. Tried again, same symptoms as before.

Anybody have any ideas? is there a file I need to delete from the OS that maybe has become corrupted? I would sure appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,
Vlip3
Old 07-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6975
Carrier: verizon

CarmeloR is just getting started

I was able to modify the database and it appears that I have fixed the timezone issue. The file that I modified was 2330fc3c_manila. It appears the timezone value and the msid were incorrect. Once I changed them all, it worked perfectly. Only thing I don't know is if I got them all. From what I saw it was mostly only the east coast states that were incorrect. If you can, check it out and then update your cab file. For those who want to fix this right away, here is what you need to do.

Using a file explorer that will allow you to overwrite the existing file (I used Total commander). Copy the attached file to your storage card or any other location other than windows. Shutoff HTC sense, copy the file to your windows directory, soft reset, then launch HTC sense. Should work perfectly...

Regards,
CarmeloR

HTC imagio
Attached Files
File Type: rar weatherdatabase.rar (813.2 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

tomc585 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmeloR View Post
I was able to modify the database and it appears that I have fixed the timezone issue. The file that I modified was 2330fc3c_manila.
Using a file explorer that will allow you to overwrite the existing file (I used Total commander).
Copied your modded file right into the windows directory without using any files in post #1. Did it right on my desk top with avtive sync, rebooted and all cities are now there. Seems to work well so far. Thanks.
Using Sprint Lovers Rom
Old 09-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmeloR View Post
I was able to modify the database and it appears that I have fixed the timezone issue. The file that I modified was 2330fc3c_manila. It appears the timezone value and the msid were incorrect. Once I changed them all, it worked perfectly. Only thing I don't know is if I got them all. From what I saw it was mostly only the east coast states that were incorrect.
I loaded your manila file on my Sprint TP2, and for the most part it's working very well. However, I have family in Maine and New Hampshire and none of the cities I selected there are able to update the weather. I hope your fixes weren't the cause of this problem.

From looking at the file with NotePad, it appears that they are all missing the first digit of the zip code. NotePad shows a lot of binary characters so I don't dare try to change them with it. Can you tell me what program to use to edit the file so I can fix these cities myself?
Old 09-13-2010, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: sprint

tracsportva is just getting started

Can anyone cab up that time zone fix ?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks