PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 04:34 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: New TF3D HD port.

To the guy a long ways up who asked about the animations on this version of Manila...

Chances are pretty slim that we will be seeing the animations again. HTC has decided that TF3D is better without the animations. It certainly is faster without them, and probably has to keep less cached.

Still, now I have a -really- tough choice. Old Manila with animations, or new one which is apparently blazing fast.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

So as of right now this is a no go on a stock rom, correct?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:03 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Has anyone else had issues uninstalling???

Old 01-12-2009, 05:07 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
To the guy a long ways up who asked about the animations on this version of Manila...

Chances are pretty slim that we will be seeing the animations again. HTC has decided that TF3D is better without the animations. It certainly is faster without them, and probably has to keep less cached.

Still, now I have a -really- tough choice. Old Manila with animations, or new one which is apparently blazing fast.

thinking the samething

Old 01-12-2009, 05:09 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibrushn View Post
So as of right now this is a no go on a stock rom, correct?
fatboy had it running on stock rom.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It's not just the weather tab that's stretched, the contacts tab is as well. Also, the manila in Juicy's rom seemed almost just as fast as this one. I guess I'll just keep it around for a little while and see if it's worth it.

Edit: Does not work with manila control

Last edited by ruskiyab; 01-12-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

its a really good job though by the xda guy. It definitely works well, but its currently missing landscape support which is a little bit of a bummer.

also as said the contacts and weather tabs are stretched a bit. Not too huge but it does look a little funny because it has to cram more info in the vertical space.

Right now sticking with Juggs manilla with slider landscape, but the development is looking promising on this considering how quick he cranked it out.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:59 PM
DaGreatOne

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

if I were all of you guys who are using the stock Sprint Rom like me, make a backup of you phone before installing this update. That way if it doesn't work you can easily restore you old configuration.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
if I were all of you guys who are using the stock Sprint Rom like me, make a backup of you phone before installing this update
That doesn't just apply to guys with the stock ROM, an update like this can mess up any phone (I don't care what ROM you're running). There are an awful lot of files that have to be overwritten in a Manila update & the potential for failure is always there........

~John
Old 01-12-2009, 06:35 PM
DaGreatOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
That doesn't just apply to guys with the stock ROM, an update like this can mess up any phone (I don't care what ROM you're running). There are an awful lot of files that have to be overwritten in a Manila update & the potential for failure is always there........

~John

Very true. I was reading a thread over at XDA where some add 16tabs to TF3D. I tried installing his cab, totally screwed my phone. It took a hour to restore my phone correctly. I had to restore the same back up 3x to fix it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks