PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Manila / TF3D Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   TF3D HD port 2/18/09 update (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52836)

WarChild 02-04-2009 01:29 AM

Re: TF3D HD port 2/1/09 update

Quote:

Originally Posted by fat boy (Post 687036)
WHAT! did you delete the data file??

I deleted the file in the beginning like you told me but haven't sence then. if I need to do it again where is it located?

Kolano 02-04-2009 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronvlee (Post 687751)
anyone able to break this down as to why it may run so much faster according to the posts I've read?

Some speed increase is due to CFC compression, though this threads build only began doing so recently. The ATI video chip in the Touch Pro has some additional HW supported compression, which the TF3D CFC patch enables the use of. The smaller image files are quicker to load making some operations faster and saving on storage space.

WarChild 02-04-2009 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolano (Post 688329)
Some speed increase is due to CFC compression, though this threads build only began doing so recently. The ATI video chip in the Touch Pro has some additional HW supported compression, which the TF3D CFC patch enables the use of. The smaller image files are quicker to load making some operations faster and saving on storage space.

+1...

ZEROpcs 02-04-2009 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 684895)
It should be doable. Get the sprint theme, install it, install the clock you want, install and then uninstall the bg4all cab I linked to above to "remove" bg4all... should do it.

You could use the cfc compressed version too - once its just the way you like it just copy out all the windows/*_manilla files onto your windows desktop and compress them using the cfc_gui app over at xda, then copy them back for a little speed bump/space savings.

I'm not gonna go though all that though :p

The Background4all fix you mentioned didnt remove the background on all tabs (yes, I installed it and uninstalled it)... If I were to locate the Sprint theme, would it neon all the tabs? Even the ones that are not in the Sprint theme???

chakde 02-04-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smotrs (Post 688045)
Which one is this? one of your own design, or the one from XDA website provided in previous links?

This one is also from XDA and not my design. I am not sure which post I picked it from but I had googled this cab and came across this one, installed and worked fine for me.

schettj 02-04-2009 10:22 AM

Well, something I tweaked somewhere killed the "2 appointment on home page 5 on scroll" feature. I'm only seeing 1. It might have been the crystal flip clock, or re-installing bg4all...

I've posted over on the xda thread to see if/what actually is enabling that. If anyone knows, lemme know. If not I'll copy this thread if I find out over at xda.

fat boy 02-04-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler (Post 688303)
I deleted the file in the beginning like you told me but haven't sence then. if I need to do it again where is it located?

right in the install instructions in the first post

Quote:

-delete the My device/Application Data/HTC/databases/forecast_cache.db file BEFORE you use the weather tab.

fat boy 02-04-2009 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 688699)
Well, something I tweaked somewhere killed the "2 appointment on home page 5 on scroll" feature. I'm only seeing 1. It might have been the crystal flip clock, or re-installing bg4all...

I've posted over on the xda thread to see if/what actually is enabling that. If anyone knows, lemme know. If not I'll copy this thread if I find out over at xda.

Here is the file I believe you need. This is usually wacked because of a new clock install. Its best to make a manila backup of your files when you have everything working, that way when you install something that doesn't work for some reason you can simply restore your manila files. This is a heck of a lot easier and faster than hard resetting and starting over. Get Manila Customizer to back up, that is what I use

fat boy 02-04-2009 11:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my current HD Manila Backup folder. So if you have totally screwed it up, before you hard reset you might want to try just installing these files to your windows folder with total commander.

djsonar 02-04-2009 11:43 AM

Am searching to see if there is a post regarding the music tab acting weird
when scrolling through songs.
sorry if this has been answer before.